No announcement yet.

Can i get an opinon on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of mis-information in the beginning of this thread.

I have lots of dyno sheets with various tunes on my m50 w/ s50 cams. The car ran fine with a non-cam tune, the AFR's were just a bit off in the midrange.

Originally posted by BlapBlap View Post
    No noise when it gets to 2500 but just slowly just drops to 1000. also when i start up the car it revs up to 3000 then dies down to 1000
    Vacuum leaks? ICV? TPS? Check those.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Yea the reason it was running like shit the first time was because there was a huge vacuum leak and i fixed it and now the car idles fine at 1000 rpms. But when i tap on the throttle a little bit it just takes off to 2500 rpms....how do i check the icv and tps?

Comment

Originally posted by BlapBlap View Post
        Yea the reason it was running like shit the first time was because there was a huge vacuum leak and i fixed it and now the car idles fine at 1000 rpms. But when i tap on the throttle a little bit it just takes off to 2500 rpms....how do i check the icv and tps?
        Could be another vacuum leak. Check the Bentley manual for resistance values across the terminals of those sensors, which can be checked with a multimeter. Or do a search on this forum or bimmerforums.com e36 section for those values. If you really can't find them PM me and I'll look them up.
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

injectors and/or maf are wrong for the stock chip

Comment

oh yea i forgot it does have a bigger maf and tuned injectors...sorry i forget what was done to this car because i wasnt the one who built it. thanks for all the help tho appreciate it

Comment

Car will still run with injectors that are wrong for the chip, (within reason) but will be lean or rich across the board. Not a good idea but it will prob run. HFM though can fubar everything if its not the right one.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

It's getting too much air, either metered or unmetered, but too much nonetheless.
                Originally posted by 325Projectz
                don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                :nice:

Comment

Working...
                X