VIDEO DIY: How to wire your 24V motor ultimate noob guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIDEO DIY: How to wire your 24V motor ultimate noob guide

Basically I received my harness from 328ijunkie and had to wire it so I made a DIY of the geist of wiring your 24V motor. I tried to make it as absolute simple I can. Hopefully this helps some noobs and isn't a complete waste of time haha.

PS: For first timers it works great if you print out your pin-out chart and check off which pin you've done.
    Also I am well aware that the chart colors were wrong, remember, follow everything by the pin number, NOT by color! It varies between E30 years.
    Last edited by lolcantturn; 03-06-2012, 08:00 AM.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

This isn't of use to anyone?
    Originally posted by TSI
    OEM+

Comment

its def of use, thanks alot ! going to be doing this in the next week or so

Comment

im sure people that are learning or just about to tackle the swap will def find this useful!

Comment

Thanks gentlemen.
          Originally posted by TSI
          OEM+

Comment

this is very helpful most definitely. but i've been trying to find bloodshote30's thread and it won't come up on the search function, can u please post the link. thanks!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            ---------------------------------
            89 E30 S52
            Transaction Feedback.

Comment

never mind i found it. i think.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              89 E30 S52
              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Holy hell you sound like a condescending douche! no offense!

lucky I wasn't there with Chuck on my shoulder telling me to shove my fist down your throat and rip out your larynx.

So what's wrong with Daves harness? my car runs fine.
                Originally posted by 325Projectz
                don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                  Holy hell you sound like a condescending douche! no offense!

lucky I wasn't there with Chuck on my shoulder telling me to shove my fist down your throat and rip out your larynx.

So what's wrong with Daves harness? my car runs fine.
                  hmm really? I've never actually been told that. It was probably the fact that it was my 4th try making the video (messed up 4 times before and I dont have any video editing program looool) so I was probably just frustrated.

Nothing is wrong with Daves harness. I bought my complete uncut harness from him that's all.
                  Originally posted by TSI
                  OEM+

Comment

Yeah i sold him an 'unmodified' harness and a C101 pigtail on the cheapz cause he wanted to tackle it himself. Looks like he did a good job!
                    What year is your car btw? Whatd you do with pin 20?

And i hate to bump this thread as it may hurt my business ;) lol

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                    Full Product Line Tuning
                    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                      Yeah i sold him an 'unmodified' harness and a C101 pigtail on the cheapz cause he wanted to tackle it himself. Looks like he did a good job!
                      What year is your car btw? Whatd you do with pin 20?

And i hate to bump this thread as it may hurt my business ;) lol
                      My car is a 91 318is. I haven't figured out what to do with pin 20 for ABS power, I will look around and see where to feed it to. What do you usually do?

And I can't stress this enough, if you feel uncomfortable in any way doing this, don't! Wiring is one of those things that will get your head scratching for HOURS on end if you mess something up.Get all your wiring needs from 328ijunkie at Markert Motor Works, he'll do a much better job at this than this video will ever portray ;)
                      Originally posted by TSI
                      OEM+

Comment

Thanks! ;)

pin 20 needs switched power. I usually steal it from pin 6 on the C101.

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

2 things:

1) It makes perfect sense to make an adapter because its not only easier to handle than to carry around the entire harness (i do mine during off time at work), but youre also able to fix errors easier by taking out the adapter if you must fix stuff on there..or replace the harness should it get fried/damaged for some reason and there will be no need to re-wire. You can also sell your uncut M20 harness and just get a pigtail at the junkyard etc etc. Just random thoughts

2) I am not sure its correct to say "a lot of charts are wrong". Every wiring situation is different, 318, 325e, 325i, E36/E34 etc. You cant just go off some random chart and hope for the best. Do lots of research and unless youre lucky and find the EXACT chart that matches your exact wiring swap by model AND year...you should create your own chart off wiring diagrams and/or verify various charts to create your own to make sure yours will match your exact swap. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Styleprojekt View Post
                            2 things:

1) It makes perfect sense to make an adapter because its not only easier to handle than to carry around the entire harness (i do mine during off time at work), but youre also able to fix errors easier by taking out the adapter if you must fix stuff on there..or replace the harness should it get fried/damaged for some reason and there will be no need to re-wire. You can also sell your uncut M20 harness and just get a pigtail at the junkyard etc etc. Just random thoughts

2) I am not sure its correct to say "a lot of charts are wrong". Every wiring situation is different, 318, 325e, 325i, E36/E34 etc. You cant just go off some random chart and hope for the best. Do lots of research and unless youre lucky and find the EXACT chart that matches your exact wiring swap by model AND year...you should create your own chart off wiring diagrams and/or verify various charts to create your own to make sure yours will match your exact swap. Just saying
                            Lots of charts are either wrong in content, or wrong in application. The big problem is that even if the chart is "right," the person making it often doesn't know the small model year differences. Also, there is often some subtle stuff that won't prevent the car from running ok, but is still wrong that creeps into charts.

I agree on the adapter, though. The other nice thing is that it makes it much easier to add things when you need them / want them.
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Styleprojekt View Post
                              2 things:

True about the adapter, never really thought about it like that, but many charts are definitely wrong despite the model differences. Ive tried about 4 wiring diagrams and they all had a minor descrepency that i later figured out but nothing that prevented the car from starting.
                              Originally posted by TSI
                              OEM+

Comment

Working...
                              X