fitting m50 wiring under 318 harness cover
Collapse
X
-
I cleaned up my harness, cut out the excess wire. etc. You'll find there are many, many feet of un-necessary wire in there!

Last edited by e30rapidic; 08-09-2012, 03:39 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I wrapped mine tight with electrical tape.

There were some zip ties under the tape though, haha. I cut most of the large rubber ends off as well afterwards. Fit fine with some work!
Hardest part for me was stretching the E34 harness to my E30 DME mounting position.
Came out clean though.
Leave a comment:
-
Zip ties. Lots, and lots, and lots of zip ties. This is about 1/3 of what's actually in there now:

And the big rubber flange at the end of the boot to the left, and the ones going up into the covers? Utility knife with a brand new blade, just shave all that shit off.Leave a comment:
-
-
I need to pick one of these up, my harness looks like crap. Is Blunttech the best place to find them? Needs a slight trim to clear the OBD1 intake as well?Leave a comment:
-
Just buy some e30 m3 covers...they aren't that much money and can be modified to look ALOT better :) I just have one zip tie around the passenger side of the top cover on this setup. Hit up blunt or leventLeave a comment:
-
what rubber coating? it pretty much fits perfectly. it's meant to be used with zip ties, too.Leave a comment:
-
Remove the plastic housing and some of the rubber boots to make it fit. It does go in there...Leave a comment:
-
fitting m50 wiring under 318 harness cover
How the hell are you guys doing it? Do I have to remove all the factory rubber covering things? Anybody else have problems doing this?Tags: None

Leave a comment: