No announcement yet.

OBD2 S50 up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the crank sensor adapter harness completely. Plug vanos solenoid directly into fuel rail.
    M50/M52 TBs are interchangable electrically.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
      Remove the crank sensor adapter harness completely. Plug vanos solenoid directly into fuel rail.
      M50/M52 TBs are interchangable electrically.
      OK great I think that was the last piece to my big question mark.

I hope the throttle cable on the 328i is long enough then.

Thank you so much, I'll let you know how it goes after engine goes in this Saturday.

Comment

The 328i cable should reach. We just completed an S50 running OBD2 in a 318ti with the help of 328ijunkie :up:
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Good luck, LMK if you need some help with the tuning side of things ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Awesome. I haven't driven my car in awhile. cannot wait till its running again.

thank you so much for the help. i'll keep you updated on how things turn out.

Comment

Quick update. It does run @328ijunkie. Thank you so much.

But. There's always a butt. I reused one of my oil pumps from one of my spare parts engine. Obviously unknown condition. So. Low oil pressure at idle.

I should have reused my oil pump from the engine out of the car. Smh.

Will be changing out the oil pump this week someone. Hopefully that hits the spot.

Thank you again!

Comment

Hate it when that happens. Good luck getting it sorted!

Check Us out on Facebook
                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Got that low oil pressure issue fixed up. But yet another issue.

Misfiring under load and sometimes just trying to open the throttle.

I'm assuming Harness and coil packs are good since they were on the car and were fine before I pulled the engine 2 months ago. I'm pulling my hairs once again. Plugs look fine also.

I am using the obd1 throttle body and no 2ndary air pump. That's all I've changed from stock.

As far as engine timing. I triple checked it and everything ligned up after rotating the assembly.

Anyone had these issues after doing this conversion? Any tips on where I should be looking at?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comment

Actually runs waaaaaay better when engine cold. Once it gets closer to operating temperature it starts to to bog out like stated above.

��

Comment

Ok. Make sure to plug in your O2 sensor to the right plugs. Or your car bogs out after warming up.

Flipped the plugs and seems to run and drive fine. Went for a quick test drive and it went well. Didn't drive around too long as it's dark out and I don't have a front end on or any lights lol.

Comment

Was going to suggest that you had swapped em around. Had the same problem on our end too.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

:p

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Yeah I'm glad that turned out well. I didn't have an obd2 scanner with me I was growing gray hairs almost.

Will be putting the front end back together and maybe some action shots

:)

Comment

I feel like such a nuisance lol. Now I'm getting codes thrown at my face. Had code for bank1 & bank2 O2 sensors obviously from when I had hem flipped. Misfire cyl4. Cleared them been driving around and scanned it again. P0340 cam sensor and P0121 TPS comes up now. Slight hesitation while cruising partial throttle. Very prominent at freeway cruising.

I'm using the obd1 dinnan throttle body from my old 325i which was working well. I cannot imagine that going out unless someone dropped it when it was sitting at my place.

As far as the cam sensor. It came off the engine originally in the car which everything was fine till the rod knock.

Any thought on this. No misfire code yet

Comment

Originally posted by S.Low View Post
                                I feel like such a nuisance lol. Now I'm getting codes thrown at my face. Had code for bank1 & bank2 O2 sensors obviously from when I had hem flipped. Misfire cyl4. Cleared them been driving around and scanned it again. P0340 cam sensor and P0121 TPS comes up now. Slight hesitation while cruising partial throttle. Very prominent at freeway cruising.

I'm using the obd1 dinnan throttle body from my old 325i which was working well. I cannot imagine that going out unless someone dropped it when it was sitting at my place.

As far as the cam sensor. It came off the engine originally in the car which everything was fine till the rod knock.

Any thought on this. No misfire code yet
                                Cam sensor needs to be replaced and you have to have a tune for the throttle body.

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X