Let's talk cooling fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk cooling fans.

1990 325i, 1995 S50, running AC. Temp will start to creep up if I have the AC on and I'm driving around town. Not a good thing. I have a Mishimoto Rad with a 14"? Pusher fan on the front wired to be on with ignition. I want to put on a clutch fan but it seems the stock one with not fit.

Suggestions? Should I just go with a small 10" electric fan on the rad to pull more air through? Different year/model clutch fan?

whats the cfm rating on the fan you have?

Comment

Not sure. It moves a fine amount of air for any time other than when the A/C is on. Never have a problem with any sort of overheating when the A/C is off.

Comment

You need a real fan. Ebay fans that claim 1500 CFM or whatever lie. Read the fine print. They might flow this at 18V or something crazy but yeah. You need 2500+ with AC.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

You've only got one fan there?

Honestly... Can't go wrong with the M21 diesel clutch fan that thing will keep the car cool for sure. You've got enough power there that "parasitic" drain on power will be negligible.
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Fair enough, I would like however to still run a clutch fan. Any model I would have better luck with than this 8 bladed e30 unit I have?

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
              You've only got one fan there?

Honestly... Can't go wrong with the M21 diesel clutch fan that thing will keep the car cool for sure. You've got enough power there that "parasitic" drain on power will be negligible.
              Correct. I have one fan strapped to the stock condenser. It is I believe a 14" fan and is a mystery brand.

Comment

Ive never had any overheating problems with just Efans. Every clutch fan setup ive ever tried ends up smashing into something. :(

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  Correct. I have one fan strapped to the stock condenser. It is I believe a 14" fan and is a mystery brand.
                  Is there a gap between the condenser and the radiator?

Comment

I would assume there's a bit of a gap yes, everything is set up as stock.

Comment

^Part number for euro fan. Which clutch should I use?

Comment

You use the stock e36 one!
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I have an audi fan on mine. Swapped it for my electric fan

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                            You use the stock e36 one!
                            Excellent. Thank you sir!

Comment

Stock E30 late model fan.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X