Let's talk cooling fans.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MR 325
    Moderator
    • Oct 2003
    • 37833

    #16
    Replace 14" mystery fan with nice 16" Spal fan.

    BimmerHeads
    Classic BMW Power Delivered Worldwide
    Grover Beach, California
    BimmerHeads.com

    Comment

    • LJ851
      R3V OG
      • Nov 2010
      • 7919

      #17
      Originally posted by MR 325
      Replace 14" mystery fan with nice 16" Spal fan.

      http://www.the-fan-man.com/shop/size....html?cPath=33


      This man knows.

      Keep the parasites off your fancy engine.
      Lorin


      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

      Comment

      • VinniE30
        R3VLimited
        • May 2010
        • 2113

        #18
        Which ones fit between the engine and a m42 rad?
        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

        Comment

        • Roysneon
          R3V Elite
          • Apr 2010
          • 4505

          #19
          In my experience nothing will fit between the engine and radiator. I had a 318 and 325 rad in there, neither one had room. I have an M50tu with Silence/Condor speed shop mounts.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

          I am a pursit now.

          Comment

          • fronton
            E30 Fanatic
            • Oct 2009
            • 1262

            #20
            If they both have the same CFM, are puller fans just as effective as pusher fans? I have a engine fan and space for a puller but not a pusher. If I get this fan, I can remove the engine fan right?: http://www.the-fan-man.com/shop/size...049-p-219.html

            Comment

            • dude8383
              Forum Sponsor
              • Jan 2005
              • 10387

              #21
              Car we're working on:



              There are rubber gaskets in between radiator and core support.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

              Comment

              • blackhawkimpact
                R3VLimited
                • Apr 2010
                • 2415

                #22
                Originally posted by VinniE30
                Which ones fit between the engine and a m42 rad?


                Comment

                • blackhawkimpact
                  R3VLimited
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 2415

                  #23
                  Originally posted by dude8383
                  Car we're working on:



                  There are rubber gaskets in between radiator and core support.
                  What fan is this?

                  Comment

                  • dude8383
                    Forum Sponsor
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 10387

                    #24
                    Originally posted by blackhawkimpact
                    What fan is this?
                    Originally posted by dude8383
                    You've only got one fan there?

                    Honestly... Can't go wrong with the M21 diesel clutch fan that thing will keep the car cool for sure. You've got enough power there that "parasitic" drain on power will be negligible.
                    11527505302

                    http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/11527505302/ES24509/

                    +

                    11522243303

                    http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/11522243303/ES24501/
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

                    Comment

                    • nrubenstein
                      No R3VLimiter
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 3148

                      #25
                      That was not a euro fan pictured above. At least not the same as I have.
                      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

                      Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Slovik
                        Advanced Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 198

                        #26
                        I used these cooling fans along with an aluminum e36 style radiator. This along with my stock pusher kept it cool all South Carloina summer even in traffic. They just barely fit but it is possible.


                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/180703992756...witem=&vxp=mtr

                        Comment

                        • 328ijunkie
                          Forum Sponsor
                          • May 2007
                          • 3961

                          #27
                          ^haha those CXracing rad's.
                          Im running one in the drift car currently w/ E36 pusher and never have any issues.

                          Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

                          Comment

                          • CorvallisBMW
                            Long Schlong Longhammer
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 13039

                            #28
                            Originally posted by MR 325
                            Replace 14" mystery fan with nice 16" Spal fan.

                            http://www.the-fan-man.com/shop/size....html?cPath=33
                            winner winner chicken dinner

                            Comment

                            • E30 331is
                              E30 Enthusiast
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 1166

                              #29
                              Originally posted by blackhawkimpact


                              Is that the Audi fan?

                              Comment

                              • blackhawkimpact
                                R3VLimited
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 2415

                                #30
                                Yes

                                Comment

                                Working...