No announcement yet.

Swap 1/4 Mile Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya I KNOW the Track sucked BALLS!!! dude we waited like an hour and a half for a 2nd run!! the best part was the trip HOME!!!

on the way back from Irwindale Speedway gay ass track BTW the we had the most fun on the way back!

Comment

ran my s50 swap on the 1/4 mile last nite. its a bone stock s50, with getrag260 and 3.73 in the rear. full interior, sound system, tar in trunk. no weight reduction. ran on 205/55/15 17.5psi in tires and konis on full soft. got massive wheel hop on launch no matter what RPM i launched at every run. couldnt hook up for shit. i hate drag tracks...lol clean concrete street launches are soo much easier.

dial.....14.50
      r/t......0.106
      60'......2.197
      330'....6.104
      1/8.....9.353
      MPH....76.11
      1000'...12.150
      1/4......14.547
      MPH.....93.81
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Ever planning on getting wider tires? 205s on a s50 swapped car seem puny, not trying to be harsh or anything though. I think with better tires your times will be much better.

-Abe.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

You would probably hook up better with the konis set stiffer - remember, it's rebound your adjusting. that's probably one factor that cause excessive wheel hop.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i have wider tires for DD status. those were a set of wheels and tires that i didnt mind destroying...hehe

as for the shocks, i was just going off of other ppls advice. maybe i should have had it on stiff....im not going to be going back anytime soon, drag racing is not what this motor swap was meant for. just went for fun b/c a large group of friends all went up there.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              i have wider tires for DD status. those were a set of wheels and tires that i didnt mind destroying...hehe
              haha, gotcha.

-Abe.

Comment

R/T ... 1.90
                60' ... 2.125
                330 ... 6.035
                1/8 ... 9.247
                Mph ... 78.38
                1000 ... 11.961
                1/4 ... 14.251
                Mph ... 98.77

Best Time I've run so far. With 205/45/16 Toyo T1R.
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post

as for the shocks, i was just going off of other ppls advice. maybe i should have had it on stiff....im not going to be going back anytime soon, drag racing is not what this motor swap was meant for. just went for fun b/c a large group of friends all went up there.
                  I hear you - it's just fun to see what your car can do. those people were probably thinking it controlled compression, but it doesn't. :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

14.25 is a pretty good time for your 318is M52. Nice! still haven't taken mine to the drags yet
                    sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                    Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                    NEW One on the track :)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                    Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Crofton Raceway. About 90 degrees. stock M50, no chip, stock exhaust. 195 tires. First pass EVER.

R/T .992
                      60' 2.381
                      330 6.848
                      1/8 10.418 at 70.4mph
                      1000 13.387
                      1/4 15.9 at 87.8 mph

I think the car can do at least 15.5. Blame the driver on this one, I was too busy trying to find the starting line and looking at the flashing pretty lights to get a good start off. It's tougher than it looks launching off kitty litter and tranny fluid.

Update: a week later I ran a 15.5, probably the best I could expect from that motor.
                      Last edited by hoveringuy; 10-03-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Bump!

keep them times coming.. i want to take mine to the quarter soon.

Comment

so tonight i went out to sacramento raceway and made a three passes.
                          this was my best was a 14.88 I spun in first in 1st and a lill in 2nd. my scanners not working right now but heres how i did. I was running 205/50/15 hankook ventus HRII all stock n/v m50 with 260 3.73, tire in trunk full interior.
                          Best pass
                          reaction: .603
                          I1 60: 2.167
                          I2 330: 6.187
                          I3 1/8 : 9.541
                          mph (I3 1/8 ): 73.553
                          I4 1000: .000 was out in my lane

E.T. 14.880
                          MPH: 91.141

When i get my scanner working ill put all 3 up
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

That's really good! I ran a 15.5 (see ^^) earlier this year, but it was 90 degrees and I was rollin' on 195's and the track was really slippery.

I had VANOS M50.

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                              so tonight i went out to sacramento raceway and made a three passes.
                              this was my best was a 14.88 I spun in first in 1st and a lill in 2nd. my scanners not working right now but heres how i did. I was running 205/50/15 hankook ventus HRII all stock n/v m50 with 260 3.73, tire in trunk full interior.
                              Best pass
                              reaction: .603
                              I1 60: 2.167
                              I2 330: 6.187
                              I3 1/8 : 9.541
                              mph (I3 1/8 ): 73.553
                              I4 1000: .000 was out in my lane

E.T. 14.880
                              MPH: 91.141

When i get my scanner working ill put all 3 up

nice 60ft! Drag racing is a lot harder than it looks. Unfortunately, it's also kinda boring. but it's still fun to see what your cars real performance is. I bet you could get in the mid-low 14s with some practice. me, I'd be happy to be about where you are now.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                nice 60ft! Drag racing is a lot harder than it looks. Unfortunately, it's also kinda boring. but it's still fun to see what your cars real performance is. I bet you could get in the mid-low 14s with some practice. me, I'd be happy to be about where you are now.
                                If I could get some better tiers on my car I know I'd be in the low 14s . I used to drag a lot when I was in high school. These cars are hard to launch I was doing off idle launches. If I could launch at atleast 1500 my et would be a lot lower
                                84 318I Delphin RIP
                                87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X