No announcement yet.

S50 swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the proper driveshaft from a 328.
    PM me if your interested.
    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I got one. That's why it took me that long to get the motor in haha.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

How is the e34 cable routed? Mine passes my throttle body by like 8" if it goes straight. I have the e34 cable part # 35411160609

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Hey guys, got the red label ecu today and I'm trying to start the car. I'm NOT getting fuel and I don't think I'm hearing the fuel pump either, but I'm used to the walboro whine in my eclipse. Where are all the ground points for this motor? What else could be the cause?

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Here's my pinout from the adapter i'm using compared to a chart I have that is supposed to work for a 86 325e/s

1 - 25 Good Alternator
            4 - 12 Good Coolant Temp
            5 - 23 Good Oil Pressure
            6 - 22 Not Connected Diag Power?
            7 - 21 Good Ignition Switch
            8 - 24 Not Connected Fuel Rate 8 Missing on e30 side, 24 on e36 side goes to A plug w/ 20
            9 - 20 Not Connected Engine Speed 9 Missing on e30 side, 20 goes w/ 24 to A plug
            10?? ???? 10 goes to a plug with 2 - Both e30 side
            11 - 19 Good Diag Connector
            12 - 8 Good Check Engine Light
            13 - 13 Good Fuel Pump Relay
            14 - 14 Not Connected Oil Level Fault Set 14 Missing on e30 side, unused e36 side
            15 - 15 Not Connected Starter Motor 15 Missing on e30 side, unused e36 side
            16 - 17 Not Connected Diag Connector Available on both sides, both unused
            18 - 18 Good Starter

Halp?

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

I'll go to the shop later and list my pin outs. I just did the exact same thing for my '86 eta.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                I'll go to the shop later and list my pin outs. I just did the exact same thing for my '86 eta.
                Thanks bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Bump.. Can't hear the fuel pump prime or the relay click. I have 3 grounds, i belive. Alternator, one on the engine mount, and 1 at teh battery tray (ecu I believe). Car cranks every time without a problem but there is now fuel. I've tried taking the line off to see if it will shoot out fuel without success. Does it have to have vacuum ( connected to the rail ) to pressurize and prime?

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                    Thanks guys. I have everything except the driveshaft. I was hoping i could use tge 95 one as I have an entire parts car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                    if it has the 6 bolt patter for the diff, it will not work.

Go get a e30 325e driveshaft (easiest to find IMO), it works with the swap

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                    RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
                      if it has the 6 bolt patter for the diff, it will not work.

Go get a e30 325e driveshaft (easiest to find IMO), it works with the swap
                      I have a working driveshaft, thats not my problem. Car wont start.

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Bump.. Can't hear the fuel pump prime or the relay click. I have 3 grounds, i belive. Alternator, one on the engine mount, and 1 at teh battery tray (ecu I believe). Car cranks every time without a problem but there is now fuel. I've tried taking the line off to see if it will shoot out fuel without success. Does it have to have vacuum ( connected to the rail ) to pressurize and prime?
                        Are you using an adapter or a modified harness? DME physically grounded?

Comment

Are you using an adapter or a modified harness? DME physically grounded?
                          Adapter. How would I go about physically grounding the dme?

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

how are your crank position sensor and crankshaft position sensors? if they are bad, dme cuts the fuel and spark

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                            RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Adapter. How would I go about physically grounding the dme?
                              Either put it in the brackets under the dash or touch it to any unpainted surface. The DME case must be grounded on an E36 harness or it will not ground the relays out.

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
                                how are your crank position sensor and crankshaft position sensors? if they are bad, dme cuts the fuel and spark
                                Never removed them from the motor when I pulled them and the motor ran before.

Either put it in the brackets under the dash or touch it to any unpainted surface. The DME case must be grounded on an E36 harness or it will not ground the relays out.
                                Grounded it and same thing through the slot on the side in a bolt and same thing.

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X