No announcement yet.

Strangest Wiring Harness Ever M50 swap HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you have the ground on the front of the motor coming from the fuel rail area.. Pretty sure thats the injector ground
    IG: haggardfab

Comment

M50 motors use any Bosch/Siemens injector...
      The 24# injectors we got higher impedance then the ECU would fire, we swapped them out with injectors of the proper impedance and it started right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

every thing on mine is factory all is correctly hooked up in a correct way but the injectors will not fire ive been over the whole thing multiple times injectors have voltage, coils have spark, injectors wont fire

Comment

Have you tried swapping out the injectors?
          The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by osborne519 View Post
            every thing on mine is factory all is correctly hooked up in a correct way but the injectors will not fire ive been over the whole thing multiple times injectors have voltage, coils have spark, injectors wont fire
            DME is powered up? is it getting an RPM signal? does the fuel pump run?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I really hate digging up old threads but does anyone know what the wire he is holding goes to? It seems to be unheard of, as this is the only thing I can find even showing it exists. Its a brown wire with an orange strip on it coming from the wire harness. I need to know what to do with this wire.

Comment

brown with an orange stripe will be a ground wire. There's a grounding post on the passenger side strut tower, put it there.

Just make sure it's not really a red wire that has faded brown, or all the magic smoke will leak out of your harness. :p
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Is there any proof anywhere on this or a way to check outside of stripping the wiring harness?

Comment

99.999999% sure its a ground. I've touched many harnesses and spent hundreds of hours studying BMW wiring diagrams - if that isn't a ground, I'd be shocked.

You can always test it with a multimeter, using a known ground pin of course (brown or brown with an orange stripe)
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That's what i thought just haven't got a chance to test it yet. I'll do that when I get back to it. Thanks again

Comment

Is the red wire circled in orange the engine harness main power supply?

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

Working...
                          X