Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any DIY to do your own plug and play wiring harness adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also do engine wire harnesses completely pre-fitted to your chassis.

Comment

yes there is a DIY:

its 100% known to work if the person doing it is capable of wiring.
      100% known to melt your car if you cannot follow logic and reason and common sense.

A. Get wiring digram for both your e30 and the harness of your 24V engine
      ** google search ETK for your engine donor and read the actual diagrams
      B. label each wire on each plug: e36 chassis cut side / e30 engine harness cut side
      **there is a tool called a label maker commonly avail at office depot to solve this problem.
      C. Verify everything above with a multimeter; if you don't have or own or desire to own a multimeter......give up now or light your car on fire.
      **Even if you are r3vtarded poor and cannot afford a multimeter harbor freight occasionally has $0 free coupons for multi-meters (even includes a free battery)
      dont be a r3vtard.

D. Make spreadsheet or chart to connect the wires you need

E. Solder/heat shrink wrap and properly loom your adapter harness.

I Made one for our E30 24v race car in about 45 minutes. It fired up the first time and has worked happily for 40+ hours of racing.
      Last edited by Wanganstyle; 05-05-2014, 12:29 PM.
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I've got to the point where I make them from memory. lol

I wish there was a better way to do early cars as a PnP and OBDII as well. I never understood the point in adding the X6031 connector when there was lots of space in the X20..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nando, for the customers with late model e30s you make adapters for who are going with OBDII, do any of them keep any functions provided by the x6031 connector besides the CEL? I only ask because perhaps you could offer an appropriate flying lead with a butt connector to go in their x20 connector at say position #1. So they could move the CEL wire over and have it going though the x20 connector to your adapter. Obviously, it'd be purely for cosmetic reasons...probably not worth the effort.

Comment

that's essentially what I do. it doesn't go to the X20 though, it goes to the C101.

the only other way would be to add another full connector which would add like $20+ to the cost.

or are you talking about having them cut their X6031 off and plugging that pin into the X20? that would be possible, but that's not really PnP either.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              or are you talking about having them cut their X6031 off and plugging that pin into the X20? that would be possible, but that's not really PnP either.
              yes, that was what I was referring to. you would provide a female pin for the x20 with a wire attached to it and a butt connecter. the pin would be added to a predetermined unused location in the x20. and the CEL wire can be cut from the x6031 and attached via butt connector. the end result being all wires go through x20 to your adapter to c101. it would be purely cosmetic and probably not worth the possibility of the end user putting the pin in the wrong location in the x20 with no means to pull it back out.

Comment

yeah they'd wire it over to their X20. the thing is they have to unlock the connector first.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X