Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Dave, do you have any evidence to compare the stock MAF with a 3.5" MAF? I need to BAR my car soon and Im thinking about going back to a 3"

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
    Will be throwing cams in another M52 car to get another comparison/do some more vanos tweaking

Awesome. Can't wait to see the results!

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Will be throwing cams in another M52 car to get another comparison/do some more vanos tweaking

Leave a comment:

• 5mall5nail5
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
    Stock tunes are realy good. I doubt some of the dyno results, you can never get a steady linear power and torque increase from start to end with just a tune. More air did not get into the engine so from were did you create 10hp/10tq overall. Usualy there would be a loss in torque then gain in HP and other way around.
    LOL - painful.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    its not about product bashing just allowing people to see what might be left on the table.

A custom tune is always better and the additional cost is well justified compared to other useless mods that people have no hesitation in paying hard earned dollars for.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
    Its an off the shelf tune so it is what is. One size fits all leaves a lot to be desired.
    Exactly. I won't sell chips via mail-order just for that reason. As long as I can tune our customer cars, I'm happy. Had no intention to compare tunes, but when we went to the dyno, the client asked to do a run with his purchased chip.

Leave a comment:

• mpowerful
    replied
    I don't think there is gonna be a shitstorm. Its an off the shelf tune so it is what is. One size fits all leaves a lot to be desired.

With that being said i hope i can hit the lottery between now and when im in atl at the end of july.

Leave a comment:

• r4esh
    replied
    Wheres the s54 swap to compare to :)?

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Prob wasnt brilliant lol...Shitstorm coming

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    post up the name of the original chip maker? was it is vanos or ignition timing the biggest gain?
    Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
    +1 don't leave names out, that's no fun.
    Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
    +1 to that. Knowledge can help us all and competition is the mother of invention.
    Originally posted by Goldfishbowl View Post
    Subscribed to know who you compared with.

Not sure it's a good idea, but fine, here it is...

Leave a comment:

• Goldfishbowl
    replied
    Subscribed to know who you compared with.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Updated

Leave a comment:

• mpowerful
    replied
    +1 to that. Knowledge can help us all and competition is the mother of invention.

Leave a comment:

• justin_l_
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    post up the name of the original chip maker? was it is vanos or ignition timing the biggest gain?
    +1 don't leave names out, that's no fun.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X