New Remote Brake Fluid Reservoir Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by browntown
    I'm confused, my brake reservoir has an outlet that goes to the clutch MC. I assume it's not actuated by the booster and is just a straight through from the reservoir to the line to share the same brake fluid. Right? So this part # above, I just run directly to the clutch input cylinder?

Oddly enough, realoem shows such a setup for the e30, but doesn't show part numbers for the separate reservoir and bracket for the clutch fluid.
    see this link: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...04&hg=21&fg=10
    Yup that looks the same as the e23

Comment

The jag pieces I mentioned before wouldn't fit properly.

I found that the DSM fittings were the best fit for the Girling master cylinder. You'll need the grommets, the 90 degree elbows, hose and reservoir.

For my install I wound up using the BMW 2002 remote reservoir since it makes for a cleaner install, it integrates the clutch line and you can reuse your existing brake fluid level and wiring. Crappy picture attached below.
      Attached Files

Comment

got any other pics? like maybe from the side?
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

the DSM 90degree elbows fit perfectly in the MC, i'm going to splice some wires for the brake fluid lever sensor and have a sperate cluch reservior

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30
            got any other pics? like maybe from the side?
            I'll take off the intake and take a couple of pics this weekend.

Comment

Guys is there a difference between ate parts and girling parts with regards to the brake mc and remote tanks?? I think thats what ur all noticing... Ive jjst shifted my booster over 55mm towards the guard/strut tower and needed a replacement tank that sat neat and remotely...
              Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

I used a V8 reservoir, but it only has 2 ports. I just got a T fitting and put it on one of the lines.
                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Tii setup.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

yeah whats wrong with the 2002 tii setup, thats what I run and have no issues at all

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                      yeah whats wrong with the 2002 tii setup, thats what I run and have no issues at all
                      Nothing that's what in my White M3 that has a fg airbox.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yup tii reservoir for me too. Why try to re-invent the wheel?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Working...
                        X