S52 valve spring seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 valve spring seats

Hi guys, on the final leg of getting my motor together and I hit a snag. Apparently the lower valve spring seats are different between an M52 and S52 (the S52 being thicker supposedly). The ones I have are for an M52.

Number 6 in this diagram

Could someone tell me the thickness of the S52 spring seats so I know what I'm looking for? I thought about buying new, but they are $8/ea... so I would definitely rather dig through old parts bins than buy new. Or if you have a set that you want to sell me, even better!
    -Alex

The S52 ones are def thicker... We prob have some laying around.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Some argue S52 springs are same as M52 just with thicker base shim...

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

That wouldn't be too hard for someone to test, or have tested.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          The S52 ones are def thicker... We prob have some laying around.
          Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          Some argue S52 springs are same as M52 just with thicker base shim...
          I bought new S52 springs and the wire diameter is about 0.1 mm smaller than the M52 springs I have. Same height, but they're different. Do you know what the thickness is? I could maybe just buy shims to make up the difference.

Let me know if you have some! I still need a lot of parts as well that I could pick up all at once
          -Alex

Comment

We have some if you care to sift through the massive bin of shims/springs we have.

Check Us out on Facebook
            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
            X