M52 too far forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
    Post a pic of how the motor looks in the engine bay. If you engine really is 2" forward, the accessories must be super close to the radiator.
    I'll get a picture in about an hour. it may not be exactly 2" you understand. I'm estimating.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431399545949.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	7176674

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marek|steezkal View Post
        Here was my solution to the same problem. The carriers twist well in a vise but as soon as I tried to bend, it snapped. This was alright as I needed to extend it anyways so I made this little angle bar and used loctite and locknuts.

Now remove it, and go find a welding shop to get it to the correct length. I had to do the same thing on my m30 swap (well, we used a really hi-tech ruler)
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by gotane30 View Post
          I'll get a picture in about an hour. it may not be exactly 2" you understand. I'm estimating.
          I just measured mine and the closest point of my S50 valve cover is 1.75" from the closest point on the radiator.

I have the AKG engine mounts, ZF trans, E36 M3 shifter assembly, and IE trans mounts and my shifter is in the middle, front-to-back, but off to the right a little bit.

Comment

are you using motor mount arms for e34 or e36?
            Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

E30 M10 318 subframe has different PN than E30 325/M42. Possible cause? Though i did codys car the same way with his original subframe if i recall and it had no issues....

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
              X