Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

c101 and x20 wire diagram (e30 M50 adapter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest i havent the slightest idea. Just by looking at that first (of 3) page the ECU connector it looks like a number of things were cross wired. The ECU may be fried, various sensors may be fried, only some digging will tell.

for instance:
    I am getting spark (even the when the key is in and the ignition is in the on position is still giving me constant spark?? Is this normal?)
    This is bad.

Again not trying to be a jerk and no problems for wanting a second opinion.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
      To be honest i havent the slightest idea. Just by looking at that first (of 3) page the ECU connector it looks like a number of things were cross wired. The ECU may be fried, various sensors may be fried, only some digging will tell.

for instance:

This is bad.

Again not trying to be a jerk and no problems for wanting a second opinion.

David

In no way are you coming off as a jerk. I understand what you are doing. I was told that it can be done and figured it could also. I apperantly have not done enough research on the subject.

I will pull the OBD2 harness and try the OBD1 and see what comes from it!

Comment

Do you have OBD1 or OBD2 sensors on the engine? If you have OBD2 ones on there youll need to switch to OBD1 ones....

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          Do you have OBD1 or OBD2 sensors on the engine? If you have OBD2 ones on there youll need to switch to OBD1 ones....
          I left all the OBD2 sensors on the motor. I plan to swap out the sensors to OBD1.

its just a Crank, cam, vanos sensor so it shouldnt be too bad. The friends shop that my car is at while doing the work has about 5-10 e36's that I can use as parts on top of countless parts for the swap i guess.

Ill mess with it tomorrow and report back.

Just for reference, is this correct pin out for the OBD1 E36 (x20) diagram?

The E36 side?
          Last edited by M3Fresh; 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Fresh View Post
            I left all the OBD2 sensors on the motor. I plan to swap out the sensors to OBD1.

its just a Crank, cam, vanos sensor so it shouldnt be too bad. The friends shop that my car is at while doing the work has about 5-10 e36's that I can use as parts on top of countless parts for the swap i guess.

Ill mess with it tomorrow and report back.

Just for reference, is this correct pin out for the OBD1 E36 (x20) diagram?

The E36 side?
            Interested in finding out the answer to this also

MY BUILD THREAD
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

^No.

And that wont be close to correct for a square c101 car.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I am looking for a sanity check before i let the smoke out of the wires. Could someone give my table a once over? i started from a template then went thru the ETMs page by page.

I am lost as to what action i have with the C103 3 wires everyone talks about as well as if i should do the VSS X20 pin 14 splice.

1992 318ic M50 out of a 90 e34

[/url]
                my 88 325i sedan

sigpic

Comment

i find no pin out of any e30 missing the same pins i am:
                  im missing 3, 8, 9, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20

Comment

I am confused as could be, I am working on a 87 E30 putting a S50 in it have both harnesses, and getting a adapter,( had one it was garbage ) no AC so where do I find the wiring diagram, so I can get this thing running, I am ready to jump out a window thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X