Cat back system for 24v swap cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat back system for 24v swap cars?

I know most are probably running a single custom exhaust but I'd like to maintain the stock look with dual angled tips and was considering the standard replacement eBay/IE stainless cat-back system. At the time, I certainly don't want to choke the S52. Are any of you guys running this system?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

I am not, but I will note that the ebay system has dual 2.0" piping while even stock s52 piping is 2.25"
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

I run an E36 M3 UUC system u box, and an OBD2 M3/328i midsection with cats.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
        I run an E36 M3 UUC system u box, and an OBD2 M3/328i midsection with cats.
        Any pics?
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

I was able to get 3 inches all the way back from 2.5 off the headers. Raceland headers modified with vbands
          I bought mine from a member that was going turbo. Debating about going to tms shortys and the bw midsection

Comment

That's pretty similar to what I did. Ended up going with custom 3" with v bands, a resonator and magnaflow rear muffler. It sounds great but a little loud for my taste. I should have gone with a larger rear muffler but didn't because I thought I was going to use the stock muffler brackets. Oh well.

Comment

Zionsville Autosport has a detailed writeup in their Project Orca build (they charge $10 for the info). They use a combination of E36 and E30 parts for theirs.

While we're talking about exhausts, does anyone know why the 1995 325i exhaust that I am working with has downpipes (from the exhaust manifold) that are two different diameters? It looks like a stock system.

Comment

Working...
              X