Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e 24v swapped Cluster remedies

Hey r3v,

Wondering what people are doing to remedy their 325e 5k tach issues. I have a 1985 325e and havent decided what to do about my low rpm tach. Looking for options. Ive read that the 325i tachs arent plug and play.

Thanks

You could always just get an entire 325i cluster with E28 M5 engine coding plug.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

You will need to upgrade to a late model cluster since it supports the only coding plug that would make an accurate configuration possible.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
        You will need to upgrade to a late model cluster since it supports the only coding plug that would make an accurate configuration possible.

What else is needed with the late model cluster? I take it that its not plug and play.

Thank you for your input by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post

After further research i found a older post by you..

"

Originally Posted by mcdougal
          Just put an s52 in my early model eta car. My car has a Motometer cluster in it right now and I have a late model Motometer cluster with the 7k tach. From what I've read it sounds like I can swap the late model cluster to my car and everything will work other than the fuel gauge, which I will need to reuse from my early cluster? Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that is exactly right. You will need to make sure there is a coding plug in the front right corner of the cluster. Should be PN ending in 468.

Swap your fuel gauge and you're good to go."

Any tips or info on swapping the fuel gauge?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X