My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
    YA YA YA engine is in and harness is pretty much totally connected except for the plugs for the intake manifold!!! ill post up pics in a bit.

ABE thanks a million for the wire color chart, my friend hooked them up in about 15 minutes, while i was fucken around with the engine mounts. if you can get me some pics with your manifold off, ill understand how you connected all the coolant lines.

my friend suggested i use the obd2 fuel rail, since the fuel pressure regulator is not on that one, that way i can put an aftermarket one on. are you getting an engine light without the cannister? you just leave the harness plug unplugged?

sorry for the questions, but one more before pics, i have the oil level unit on my oil pan, but theres no wire on the harness that plugs to it, anyone else have this problem?
    I left the oil level plug alone, I have no clue what plugs into that. As for the obd 2 fuel rail.. i was looking at mine and I was wondering why I could not use that either.. I don't really see why you can't? Try something new man, use it!

As for the coolant hoses, i am sorry but i don't have my car or i would take apart my intake manifold and take pictures for you.

What you can do is get vacuum plug sealers and plug your coolant lines (the thin smaller one on you metal cooling pipe) and your 2 plugs on the throttle body. For the small metal pipe on the metal coolant hose, you want to make sure you tie down the vac cap with a metal clamp so pressure doesn't push it off (the ones you use for rad hoses and stuff)...

The vac caps look like this (6 bux at autozone for a full set of diff shapes)

Anyway, now what I did for the e30 temp sender is I got a brown top e30 temp sensor and dyed it so it can fit in the hole that gives coolant to the throttle body.. does that make sense? I'm trying to explain it the best I can. I wish I had my car so I can take pictures!!!!! :hitler:

-Abe.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

i gotcha, i still had the sensor from my m42 i just gotta take it to work to die it...along with thte fucken driveshaft bearing i havent changed yet. thats good to know, i didnt think i need those extra lines on the throttle body, but zionsville says its needed. ill quote what it says on the cd.

Comment

[QUOTE=windsor318is;1035924]

Hey Mister "GOOD ENOUGH" ... I hope you didn't use that painter's tape to secure the engine. :D

Comment

Lets get some pics of your engine hoist!
          Originally posted by Simon S
          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
            Lets get some pics of your engine hoist!
            you know, i was thinking about that as well!

looks very maneuverable!
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I assume it also tells you to use an obd1 coolant hose as well?

-Abe.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

he he that tape is good for everything leo! ive been waiting for someone to comment on the chain fall ill get a pic tomorrow, i think its more manouverable then the cheery picker i see everyone using, and i didnt end up caving the ceiling in like my fiance assumed i would lol.

abe, the cd uses the metal pipe, remember the cd is actually intended for obd1 swap on an e36 car.

BTW the cd states that the coolant line the we are removing for the other sensor is for......"prevent icing of the air passage" im assuming its a winter thing??

pics for the day........

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....im not putting it in yet, i wanna dyno the s52 the way it is for know.

what you guys do with this extra plug, i tucked it in the glove box, i refuse to remove it from the rest of the harness

which one do i plug into the akg harness? lol im assuming the other one is part of the auto harness

DME installed..

what the fuck is the white end plug, and what plug was someone nice enough to cut? o2 sensor is all i can think of that im missing.

Comment

are you using the modifide break booster? how close is the fit to the intake?

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

yes im using the modified one from zionsville, i havent had the intake on yet to see. i just noticed that my s52 fuel rail cover doesnt fit over the m50 manifold.....

Comment

yeah its cut out different. just get one from an e34 m50

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Or just break out the Dremel. Its the wider intake runners that cause the problem.
                        Originally posted by Simon S
                        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

hey aw you should give me that super charger ;)

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Only one of the harnesses actually fits the AKG adapter, the auto harness is oriented slightly differently. It's pretty easy once you stick them together.

-Charlie
                            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                            FYYFF

Comment

thanks man, any idea what my cut wire, and the white plug are?

PROBLEM my shaft looks to be an inch to long! anyone have any ideas??
                              Last edited by windsor318is; 04-16-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

if your talking about your drive shaft you could shorten it. just make a mark on how much you want to take out. then carfully use a band saw to cut the first mark that isnt on the joint. second use a hack saw to cut the weld off the the joint. third use an arck welder to reattache the joint. after that you have a new shortten drive shaft.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X