No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ I was under the impression that shortening a drive shaft is best left to very specialized shops due to the equipment neccessary to make sure it doesn't vibrate to death.

Comment

i made my buddys for his chevy 350 4runner and he has gone wheeling about 5 times and nothing has happened to it. doesnt have any vibration to it. i made both the one to the rear and from the t case to the front diff. its really simple if you just take your time and do a good job welding it works great. my pay some one 800+ just to shorten a drive shaft when you can do it your self.

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
        ^^ I was under the impression that shortening a drive shaft is best left to very specialized shops due to the equipment neccessary to make sure it doesn't vibrate to death.
        +1

If you have the E36 M3 tranny than just get yourself an E30 M3 driveshaft.

btw-still waiting for pics of engine hoist... :mrgreen:
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
          what you guys do with this extra plug, i tucked it in the glove box, i refuse to remove it from the rest of the harness

which one do i plug into the akg harness? lol im assuming the other one is part of the auto harness

DME installed..

what the fuck is the white end plug, and what plug was someone nice enough to cut? o2 sensor is all i can think of that im missing.
          Hey man, looks like you've got an automatic transmission harness, just like me!

That extra connector piece in the first pic is the plug for the trans computer, and can be cut out safely. Some of the wires from there go to the white end plug (that plug used to go down to the trans itself), some of them go to that other black plug that looks like the x20, and the rest of them just splice into other groups of wires crimped together in the large mass of wires in the middle. And yes, I think that cut off part is for the O2 sensor, I don't remember what the color of the wires were, but it does have four wires going to it.

I cut out all of those extra connectors, the trans cpu plug, the white-end plug, and the black plug, pulled out all of wiring from them, and cut them out of the crimped points in the middle. Good news is everything still works.

I hope you have a e36 bentley available, it never hurts to double check the wiring diagrams!

-Bret
          Last edited by QuorumCAll; 04-21-2008, 07:19 PM.

Comment

i pulled all the auto-tranny wiring out of the harness. along with the + cable for the starter. what was left was about half of what was origionally there.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

fuck i didnt really wanna do that with the wiring, ill see if i can hide the second c101 plug, i already tucked the computer end. im wondering though if i can even put my wiring cover back on like that.

as for the drive shaft...i though an e36 drive shaft was the right length? im not going to hack it, i work in a machine shop i might throw it up on a lathe and cut the threaded end off and rethread it.

BTW i have a 318i e36 shaft, i was assuming it would be the same shit...

ill take the chain fall pic lol

Comment

you need the m3 or 328i drive shaft i beleave

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah, i never heard of a e36 318 drive shaft working.

I used an 97 e36 m3 driveshaft with a e30 CSB. (I am using the m3 zf tranny)

Hey, I get my car back 2morrow man. Hopefully i can take pics.

-Abe.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

shit, i have the zf as well, i guess i can either modify the one i have or get a different shaft. i think its only the half that connects to the tranny thats to long, because the other half bolted up and the e30 CSB lined up pretty good. i should check ETK for measurement.....more work to do!! i should pull the one out of my daily driver e36 lol

Comment

yeah cut her up. if you need some help shortning it send me a pm. its really simple

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

why did you have to shorten yours? im taking it to work monday...well see what happens lol. i looked up ETK 318i shaft is 69mm longer than any other e36 shaft...ah well, if i fuck it up ill get another one.

Comment

it was too long because the chevy 350 and tranny with the tcase were about 8 inches longer then the old 3 L and tranny with t case. still hasnt broken and he is putting down 400hp on 37 super swampers.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

okie dokie, i havent been slacking, heres some undates. basically i could probably start the fucken thing, but im missing the plug that goes from the ICV to the intake manifold.

heres a somewhat updated engine pic, with new m50 wire bracket

i broke down and cut out the auto wiring, following zionsville directions, every wire i cut hurt, but know i can actually get the cover over it.

getting there...paint doesnt look as bad with an engine in there know.
                            [IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2450731236_faced5181f.jpg?v=0[/img}

a hole lotta moding for the cover to go on, and this is the best i could fit the akg adaptor, if the bastards would have wired the c101 end 90 degress i could have hid the hole thing, i didnt wanna stretch it though

rad, headlights and all front end is now together, i actually forgot what the e30 front end looks like...

these are e36 318 fuel lines a friend had left over, and i made them work for the m50

almost there, still need.....
                            different e36 shaft,
                            e30 bavauto shift kit aint even close(its for sale for sure now)e36 parts i need
                            gay intake to ICV plug
                            clutch slave/master lines

Comment

if you want me to make you a drive shaft out of that 318 ship it to me and i will shorten it for free. just measure how much you want out of it. you just pay for shipping. looks really good though. keep up the good work.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i was going to do it, but im looking for the 813 one first, if i cant find one by the time everything is done, ill work with the 318 one, thats a million for the offer dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X