No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, you could eat sleep and have sex in that engine bay.. thing is fucking clean.

Honestly, I don't see a big need in welding the oil pump nut on a s52.. s52s RARELY encountered problems with the oil pump nut slipping off, but it's always good to be safe than sorry.

-Abe.
    Last edited by loonibab325i; 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

use lock tight and a wire to keep it on thats what i did. also that chain play is normal i only had a little in mine though

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
        lube the **** out of the throw out bearing maybe you'll be the first R3v member w/o that annoying rattle. looking good man. is that all spray paint?! dayuum
        rattle!! well at least i no ahead of time! its alllll spray bomb, i tell everyone i maybe the best spray bomber in windsor, and they dont believe me lol

and no i did not well the nut, i was told by someone that its more of a problem for s50 guys who track alot.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
          use lock tight and a wire to keep it on thats what i did. also that chain play is normal i only had a little in mine though
          thats a relief about the chain but i left the nut alone, i was actually just going to replace the nut with the nuts that have the plastic ring built into them, but that fucken nut is so short i cant find a lock nut short enough. well see what happens i guess.

engine installation try number 2 today....ill keep you guys posted.

Comment

i guess ill ask the same questions i have in the 24v swap thread here, i got more eyes on this thread.

did you guys remove the metal coolant tube and replace it with the rubber obd1 pipe. if so did you just cut the metal one short, and put the rubber over top?

im assuming i should be using the s52 injectors and fuel rail since i have them as appose to the m50 pieces?

Comment

you have an obd1 fuel rail right? and yes use the injectors from the s52

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I did not use an obd 1 spider hose, i just kept the metal one. It works just fine... I do not understand why people convert to the obd 1 spider hose when you can use the obd 2 metal one. You can purchase the metal coolant hose adapter from TMS if you really do want to go back to the obd 1 hose.. it's like 30 bux. I purchased that and a new spider hose, but i ended up using my metal spider hose instead... LMK what route you go, but you have my opinion!

-Abe.

Comment

And about the fuel issue..

I deleted my charcol can..
                  I used the s52 obd2 injectors
                  I used the obd 1 fuel rail
                  I used the obd2 fuel lines so they can reach.

-Abe.

Comment

Originally posted by loonibab325i View Post
                    Man, you could eat sleep and have sex in that engine bay..
                    LOL (mmm, sex in an e30 engine bay)

Comment

YA YA YA engine is in and harness is pretty much totally connected except for the plugs for the intake manifold!!! ill post up pics in a bit.

ABE thanks a million for the wire color chart, my friend hooked them up in about 15 minutes, while i was fucken around with the engine mounts. if you can get me some pics with your manifold off, ill understand how you connected all the coolant lines.

my friend suggested i use the obd2 fuel rail, since the fuel pressure regulator is not on that one, that way i can put an aftermarket one on. are you getting an engine light without the cannister? you just leave the harness plug unplugged?

sorry for the questions, but one more before pics, i have the oil level unit on my oil pan, but theres no wire on the harness that plugs to it, anyone else have this problem?

Comment

here we go....

well, i learned to buy a fucken clutch alignment tool, took longer to get the tranny on, then to install the engine. second, dont install the power steering pump or the adjustor beside the a/c compressor, thats the only things that got in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
                          FTMFW..nice

second, dont install the power steering pump or the adjustor beside the a/c compressor, thats the only things that got in the way.
                          A/C compressor owned me:

Comment

hey theres an idea i didnt think of lol, i didnt have anything on my front frame so i scratched the paint a bit with the power steering pump, ah well

Comment

hey theres an idea i didnt think of lol, i didnt have anything on my front frame so i scratched the paint a bit with the power steering pump, ah well
                              Judging from your nice paint job on the engine bay, you should have no problems touching-up the scratches!

I'm jealous of you left hand drivers...no way could you install like this on a right hand drive with extractors on:

Comment

Sickness!
                                '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X