No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay sway bar is complete and rear diff is somewhat in now, ran into some issues with the bar, but nothing really i made some mods on it, used socket head cap screws instead, easier install.

heres the original to the new one...

top mounts in...

front assembly ready to go...

problem here....drill to long hitting the floor...

problem fixed the next day....

complete front assembly...

next was the rear diff, kinda tricky with the door closed but its all about patience, with small areas..

thats all for know, next is installing the e36 driveshaft, and sanding engine bay, spray time....

Comment

Windsor, you need reinforcement on the tab of the trailing arm where the endlink mounts. ST rear bar on the stiffer setting is a handful with an S52. :D

Comment

what kind of reinforcement? i thought just the frame mounts needed reinforcement? im going to drive it like a girl for know i just want it done!! the U clamps on the ends did look a little bent from the previous owner....

Comment

the tab on the trailing arm where it mounts. your supposed to weld some kind of triangle piece there.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

yeah they r reinforcement tabs for the mounting area on the t-arm...the stock lip bends under heavy load with a bigger rear sway. u can either make the shims urself, or order some from IE for cheap. by the way nice progress
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
              the tab on the trailing arm where it mounts. your supposed to weld some kind of triangle piece there.

crap, i thought i seen triangular parts that are suppose to come with the kit, anyone have a pic of the parts im missing?

Comment

On the bottom part of the tab, you just need to weld a small piece of metal to triangulate the tab on the trailing arm. That's the #1 weak point, #2 being the upper trunk mount.

I'll try to get a pic of mine soon

Comment

fuck, makes sense now, i better drive like a pussie, im gonna have a problem with my setup.......stu, you no to much lol

Comment

good day today, this just arrived, and i was more excited than when my engine came in. now i just realized that i dont need emissions done in ontario because they consider my car a "hotrod" with an engine swap. should i sell the e36 m3 cats? you think the power i can gain from an AA track pipe is worth the cash? heres a pic anyways....

Comment

I have the first part of the AA track pipe, just the piece that goes down through the subframe. After that I made a single 2.5" exhaust and I noticed a pretty big difference, especially in the upper RPM's. Before that I had the OBDI cats and muffler on for about 10k miles. I'm looking forward to this summer with the new exhaust, I've only got about 250 miles on it so far.

Comment

wow i think i need to change my pants now lol. i have been looking at AA but its all so expensive. how did you get that for?

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I bought it on bimmerforums for $150 shipped. It was brand new inside and out, nice piece too

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                            wow i think i need to change my pants now lol. i have been looking at AA but its all so expensive. how did you get that for?
                            i had to change my pants as well, i need to get it fitted shortly, gotta see how it looks out the rear. ive been eyeballing bimmerforums for a very long time for this, used AA's are ranging from 400-600 used, better than 800 new.

1990m3, you payed 150 shipped for the same exhaust???????

Comment

i think he means for the track pipe. i want one so bad.

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

yeah for the track pipe, but just the first piece that goes through the subframe, not the resonator piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X