Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting there...

Comment

just to see what its going to look like, what do you guys think about the color, i think its dark enough for my liking..

Comment

why did you paint over the strut tower studs and nuts? seems like your taking the time to do everything right but what if you go to remove them and the paint sticks and cracks all around it?
        1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
        1987 e30 325 eta
        1983 e28 533
        2001 x5 4.4l
        1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
        1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

im not going to be using those nuts, im getting some stainless ones look better with the strut brace i have.

Comment

good work bro.
            It looks lke u got shit load of time on ur hands.

Looks Good!

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
              im not going to be using those nuts, im getting some stainless ones look better with the strut brace i have.
              he's telling you to pain the car w.o them on becuase when they come out, they will peel off your paint. what paint are you using btw?
              No more e30s for me.
              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
              91 BMW 325i [sold]
              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

ahhhhh....ah well ill worry about it later LOL im using crappy acrylic paint thats matched to the factory japan electric red that im planning on painting the rest of the car. should be a pretty close match, im out of paint though ordering a couple more cans tomorrow. i gotta get this done this week im ordering the zionsville install kit soon.

Comment

why order the kit? its a waste of money from what people tell me. just find the parts your self. i have saved about a grand or 2 by not buying anything from them. so that more money to my baby :)

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

at this point i dont care to save money, im out to save time, i know what your saying but i need it done, and i did the math the install kit for 900 isnt that steep, i wouldnt save that much on it if i picked up the parts separately. the only thing that sucks is getting the obd1 kit, there i would save some good coin.

Comment

yeah i got my kit for 500 all i had to buy seprate is a wiring adapter so basicly 700 for my obd1 conversion

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

who wants a good laugh, while im crying..this is what coat number 2 looks like with a bad can, that doesnt have fish eye in it.

back to sanding..........

Comment

did you buy wrinkle finish? lol maybe you can start a new trend.

Comment

alright so after redoing pretty much everything at least once, ive had enough of the painting, it gets my "good enough" trophy, even though i wanted it to be perfect. the hours i spent painting and prepping i could of had the motor running! few crappy pics...

so now i have obd1 wiring on its way, along with the zionsville install kit, till then im finishing the front sway bar install and e36 armrest install.

Comment

I wish my "good enough" looked that good.

Comment

update, santa came to town!! we have here, zionsville install kit, uuc pulleys, and maintenence parts from my good friends from bavauto.

painted brake booster and resouvior, thought id go red, i had paint left over, yes i sprayed the garage floor, we are moving out, dont care.

engine mounts installed

trying to figure out where the arms go...thats all for now. i apoligize but ill prolly have pi cs up every day till it turns over.

Comment

Working...
                                X