Ebay headers, + freeflow exhaust = loud ass mofo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay headers, + freeflow exhaust = loud ass mofo

hot damn, my e30 is the loudest/most raspy car i've ever heard in my entire life. im running the ebay SS knockoff headers, into a dual in/single 2.5" out free flow CAT, and then 2.5" back to a 2.5" in/dual 2.5" out magnaflow stainless muffler. holy shit, its just super loud. i will take a sound clip 2m and try and post it up, its just out of control though.

any suggestions on how to quiet it down? i was thinking either a glasspack, or just put another muffler/resonator in there behind the current muffler. what do ya'll think?
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

go with another muffler after the cat

Comment

Think your's is loud? I've straight dual 2.25" to a single dynomax.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I want to hear it. Don't change a thing untill i hear it. How big is the muffler? That's like dead one the same set-up i have.
        Last edited by surebimmer; 03-04-2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

putting another resonator/glasspack/muffler will most likely still be loud and raspy....take a look at your hangers, anything where vibration occurs ~ sudden flow changes/contraction/expansions/merges/restrictions and maybe look into a flex pipe and a good muffler.

i basically have your same setup ex instead of a 2-1CAT i have a 2-1 Flowmaster Y-pipe, flex pipe and resonator....and well my car is real quiet, you've heard it.
          No more e30s for me.
          88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
          88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
          91 BMW 325i [sold]
          86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

i have the same setup with my m50.it grows on ya. sounds cool under bridges and in tunnels
            NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

I have ebay headers into a single 3" into a magnaflow in the center and back out to another magnaflow. It is a little loud, but it does grow on you. I may try to go to a borla xr1 resonator in the center later. That would also help with clearance as well. I run the specE30 suspension on the street and it is a little low.

Comment

nothing short of welding in a really-non-free-flowing muffler (or a turbine) will help

stock heavy-arse e36m3 muffler for a decent tone. Those are loud engines.
                This is from personal experience.

Comment

Try using a larger muffler. I'm pretty surprised that it's that bad given that you're using a cat.
                  Garrick
                  1989 325is
                  DSP #72

Comment

Spinny muffler is really the way to go...

Comment

Why did you go from dual-single-dual? Why didn't you stay dual all the way back?

-Erik

Comment

u think that's loud?! i was running 3" with just a high flow cat and a vibrant muffler at the end...now i put the biggest muffler i could right after the cat: 24" accelerator muffler, it's fucking huge...now the exhaust is almost perfect, she purrs like a kitten when cruising, but when i punch it it's still fuckin aggressive. i need to get rid of the p.o.s ebay turbo manifold i'm using as a header and get a nice set of headers, then switch to 2.5" piping all the way thru.
                        Last edited by e30polak; 03-04-2008, 09:40 PM.
                        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Just put a decent resonator in behind the rear muffler
                          sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                          Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                          NEW One on the track :)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                          Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

my resonator must be atleast 18" long and i have an expensive ass borla muffler in the back...my s52 sounds like a stock M20.... untill it hits 4k, then people move outa the way.
                            No more e30s for me.
                            88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                            88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                            91 BMW 325i [sold]
                            86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

roomates got 2.25 duals straight back to a magnaflow dual in dual out 3" no cat. Loud as HELL!!! but you get used to it and it sounds mean. Has a little resanence (sp) at around 2K to 2500 but other then that it roars and sounds muscley at an idol...

mines a single 2.5" straight pipe, thrush glasspack in place of the cat, to a crappy OBX Single in dual out muffler (glorified tip). Its loud but not nearly as loud as my roomates. I think its a great sound, idols nice, gets loud, and has nice back pressure pops when i let off the throttle.

have vid with sound if anyone wants to hear

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Working...
                              X