Ebay headers, + freeflow exhaust = loud ass mofo
Collapse
X
-
Try using a larger muffler. I'm pretty surprised that it's that bad given that you're using a cat. -
nothing short of welding in a really-non-free-flowing muffler (or a turbine) will help
stock heavy-arse e36m3 muffler for a decent tone. Those are loud engines.
This is from personal experience.Leave a comment:
-
I have ebay headers into a single 3" into a magnaflow in the center and back out to another magnaflow. It is a little loud, but it does grow on you. I may try to go to a borla xr1 resonator in the center later. That would also help with clearance as well. I run the specE30 suspension on the street and it is a little low.Leave a comment:
-
i have the same setup with my m50.it grows on ya. sounds cool under bridges and in tunnelsLeave a comment:
-
putting another resonator/glasspack/muffler will most likely still be loud and raspy....take a look at your hangers, anything where vibration occurs ~ sudden flow changes/contraction/expansions/merges/restrictions and maybe look into a flex pipe and a good muffler.
i basically have your same setup ex instead of a 2-1CAT i have a 2-1 Flowmaster Y-pipe, flex pipe and resonator....and well my car is real quiet, you've heard it.Leave a comment:
-
I want to hear it. Don't change a thing untill i hear it. How big is the muffler? That's like dead one the same set-up i have.Last edited by surebimmer; 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Think your's is loud? I've straight dual 2.25" to a single dynomax.Leave a comment:
-
Ebay headers, + freeflow exhaust = loud ass mofo
hot damn, my e30 is the loudest/most raspy car i've ever heard in my entire life. im running the ebay SS knockoff headers, into a dual in/single 2.5" out free flow CAT, and then 2.5" back to a 2.5" in/dual 2.5" out magnaflow stainless muffler. holy shit, its just super loud. i will take a sound clip 2m and try and post it up, its just out of control though.
any suggestions on how to quiet it down? i was thinking either a glasspack, or just put another muffler/resonator in there behind the current muffler. what do ya'll think?Tags: None

Leave a comment: