Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much was it? I am getting all new gaskets anyway, and oil dipstick.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Hey I'm still confused with the power steering... Can anyone help me? I am eventually going to get the e36 rack because my tie rods are frozen.

TIA.
      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
      2875-C Towerview Road
      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

What exactly are you confused about? The lines? Because you just reuse your existing PS lines from the M20.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Do I have to modify the lines to fit? Because the lines just seem too short.
          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Delta Auto Care
          2875-C Towerview Road
          Herndon, VA

Comment

You need to shorten the low pressure lines if you move the PS reservoir to where it sits on the E36 mount arm, and use the stock M20 high pressure line. At least, this is what I did.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

It just seemed like the line from the rack to the pump fit right. I'll have to look into this more.

Delta Auto Care
              2875-C Towerview Road
              Herndon, VA

Comment

Question: If I use a lightweight flywheel for a e36 5-speed tranny (UUC), I won't have to shave it or the e34 oil pan - correct?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by dpgrand View Post
                    Question: If I use a lightweight flywheel for a e36 5-speed tranny (UUC), I won't have to shave it or the e34 oil pan - correct?
                    I don't see how it would.
                    I've ordered a UUC stage 2 flywheel, and M5 clutch for my S50B30(ZF 320) swap. It should arrive next week, so if no one answers remind me in two weeks and I can confim this.
                    sigpic
                    '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

Originally posted by mck View Post
                      I don't see how it would.
                      I've ordered a UUC stage 2 flywheel, and M5 clutch for my S50B30(ZF 320) swap. It should arrive next week, so if no one answers remind me in two weeks and I can confim this.
                      awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dpgrand View Post
                        Here are pics of the UUC Stage 2 flywheel installed on a Euro S50B30 with E34 oilpan.

sigpic
                        '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

Hey guys so i am considering using the m50 to replace my dead m20 until someone kinda told me its not worth it. and directed me to this thread. So i wanted to ask your guys opinon i read about to page 40 and i am left wondering so far about two quotes.
                          starting with this one.

Originally posted by 325Projectz View Post
                          ETA + mods = Does alright for an old car
                          I = Good, but can do better
                          M50 = Way better than stock, but a I with mods can hang
                          S50/2 = Bye to all. Way to go, pop for the power now. Its worth the money
                          and then this one
                          Originally posted by kylebes1 View Post
                          first off congrats on the switch to e30, you will enjoy it!
                          Since you are starting with non vanos engine you could easily rebuild it as a s50, that is if you go to a VANOS head with s50 parts Talk to StuMc about that he knows the details). As far as I know you will have to change the wiringharness as well as the DME to go to VANOS.
                          so basically if i start with a non vanos m50 i can turn it into s50 with some work? or is this misleading? thanks for any help you can provide. I also got off my graveyard shift like 7 hours ago and i havent slept yet maybe i am not digesting information correctly in these 40 pages.

Comment

So I CAN use the tranny from my m42 with an m50?

Comment

i beleave it will but search instead of just asking questions that have all ready been answerd.

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                                i beleave it will but search instead of just asking questions that have all ready been answerd.
                                I did search.

I'm trying to clarify.

Comment

Working...
                                X