Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmm i have no clue would that matter? idles beautifully, i think it would disrupt it if the icv was stuck

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
      It doesn't matter that your current tranny has a sheetmetal console. The new tranny you go with, will have provisions to bolt up the late model shifter stuff.

-Erik
      I don't see provisions.... Maybe I am confused?
      E30

E36

Comment

Try installing #8 and #9?

Comment

Originally posted by e30serg View Post

Exactly. When I did a five speed swap on my 85 with the late model linkage, I had to use those parts.
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

anyone know what size and thread the 4 bolts are that hold the oil filter housing/alt bracket to the block? my motor didnt come with them....

motor is a 92 NV m50

Comment

check realoem.com

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                check realoem.com
                found em, are thoes prices right? seems like my dealer would try to mark them up to $5 bucks a bolt or somthing stupid like that

Comment

Exhaust System

Hey Everyone,

I jsut got finished with my E30/s50 conversion a couple of weeks ago. I am running the stock 87 325is exhaust right now complete with CA legal cat. I really like the sound of the exhaust but would like it to breathe a little better and have a louder sound. any suggestions?

Also, I slapped on the AC compressor to the engine but don't have the belt or lines to connect to the old e30 r12 system. help?

-peter

Comment

some time those prices are right but not often

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

some time those prices are right but not often
                      deffinantly not right, i paid $180 for

intake mani studs and bolts
                      exhaust mani studs and bolts
                      flywheel bolts
                      valve cover bolts
                      motor mount bolts
                      motor arm bolts
                      oil filter housing bolts

I dont think i have ever been raped that hard before. I only paid 200 for the motor!

although the exhaust studs and bolts are way cool, the bolts are copper and the ends are all pinched, so you can hand tighten the studs all the way in, then once you apply torque the copper un bends and threads itself the rest of the way down, its awesome.

plus the bolts are shiney, shiney bolts= B1R

Comment

where did you buy them from?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

where did you buy them from?
                          He bought them from Daniels BMW/Cadillac in Allentown, PA (may even be quakertown, not sure)

Comment

Man, I am going to slowly grab the notes from this thread and organize it into an xls document or html page.....

is the oil pick up the metal tube where the dipstick goes into or is it something else?

("e34 m50 oil pan, pick up, and dipstick" )
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              Man, I am going to slowly grab the notes from this thread and organize it into an xls document or html page.....

is the oil pick up the metal tube where the dipstick goes into or is it something else?

When you do, please post it. It's so hard to find the time to read (and re-read) all of this thread. It also goes all over the random place, so it's hard to stay focused and read through it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post

nope, its the pickup for the oil pump. I JUST got mine yesterday from pelican. Dont forget the gasket!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X