Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I need an s50 o2 sensor? Ok. Thanks!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
      So I need an s50 o2 sensor? Ok. Thanks!
      Yes

Comment

So I have a full 328is parts car with an auto tranny.

For my 87 325es I bought a brand new driveshaft and a new to me g260.

If I bolt up the g260 to the m52 will the new driveshaft that I bought still be the correct length?
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
          So I have a full 328is parts car with an auto tranny.

For my 87 325es I bought a brand new driveshaft and a new to me g260.

If I bolt up the g260 to the m52 will the new driveshaft that I bought still be the correct length?
          yes

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
            yes
            Thank god. That's what I was thinking but wanted to check. woot.

Thank you!
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Just to verify: S50 with 97 zf trans. If I replace the output shaft flange on the trans, will my stock 86 eta driveshaft work? There won't be a lenght issue, correct?

Oh, and what clutch line do I use? Stock or e36 to mate up to the e36 slave?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

You'll need to bend the clutch line but you can use it.
                m

Comment

I have an eta stock flywheel clutch.

Putting an m52 in the car.

Will the tock clutch hold and then I should just get an i flywheel?

Hoping for up to 210whp in the future. (m3 cams etc)

Also, engine came out of an automatic car. Anything i need to do or the motor will be fine bolted up and wired for the manual.
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

...another trans question,ok, have a 91 318i with E36 92' M50 engine,with the 92 trans.

Is there any issues using the 92 e36 trans with the stock clutch/pp/flywheel and the starter??..hell it all bolts up or am I missing something??!

..and how about the trans bracket? will the 318i work or do I need one from a 325?

Thanks for any help..THIS SITE ROCKS!!
                    NASA
                    BMWCCA member
                    PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                    1997 M3 sedan
                    2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

I think I just answered my own question.I just now found out that the e36 were dual mass...DAMN , so I quess im back to finding a m20 flywheel,starter,etc,etc
                      NASA
                      BMWCCA member
                      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                      1997 M3 sedan
                      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

^^ not 96+ (///M's for sure)

and regarding your last comment.. thank bmw engineers and their terrible, but genious imagination. bmw is like lego's it all bolts up everyhwere.
                        No more e30s for me.
                        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]
                        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

hey i don't want to make a new thread for this and i am assuming other will run into the problem. I put an 94 m50 intake mani and wiring harness on an S52. The problem is i don't know which female connector goes to the vanos and which goes to the coolant temp sensor. the only difference is the blue rubber piece on the female ends.

here are the 2 female plugs on the harness. one is for the temp sensor which i am not using the and other is for the vanos unit. both have the same color wires when u pull the rubber back. how do i know which to plug into the vanos male end.

Comment

Originally posted by omar85 View Post
                            hey i don't want to make a new thread for this and i am assuming other will run into the problem. I put an 94 m50 intake mani and wiring harness on an S52. The problem is i don't know which female connector goes to the vanos and which goes to the coolant temp sensor. the only difference is the blue rubber piece on the female ends.

here are the 2 female plugs on the harness. one is for the temp sensor which i am not using the and other is for the vanos unit. both have the same color wires when u pull the rubber back. how do i know which to plug into the vanos male end.

Peel the boots off and compare wiring codes with the ETM.
                            I would guess that the plug with the blue pad goes to the CTS but those pads can fall out and be switched.

m

Comment

so the numbers are on the wires?

Comment

Whats going on

The fuel pump on my m50tu swap isn't turning on??!! The blue relay is getting power, I'm using a treehouse racing adaptor. The engine is getting spark. I don't get it.

I checked and there is no power going to the fuel pump, and no power going through the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box. Anybody got any ideas??

Also, I did s50 cams and a turner chip, but i don't think the chip would effect anything...

Comment

Working...
                                X