Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You spent about $400 on wiring adapter. Have you tried contacting the vendor?

Comment

Good advice to Jon at Treehouse, I have called a few times now and he has been very helpful. Would like to know what you find out, b/c I have the treehouse adpt as well and Your ahead of me on the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by siexyy55 View Post
        The fuel pump on my m50tu swap isn't turning on??!! The blue relay is getting power, I'm using a treehouse racing adaptor. The engine is getting spark. I don't get it.

I checked and there is no power going to the fuel pump, and no power going through the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box. Anybody got any ideas??

Also, I did s50 cams and a turner chip, but i don't think the chip would effect anything...
        pull the fuel relay and jumper it. See if power is coming to the relay. When you look at the socket, the jumper pins are at 6 and 9 o'clock if the slot for the odd ball pin is considered 12 o'clock.
        Richard

Comment

Originally posted by siexyy55 View Post
          The fuel pump on my m50tu swap isn't turning on??!! The blue relay is getting power, I'm using a treehouse racing adaptor. The engine is getting spark. I don't get it.

I checked and there is no power going to the fuel pump, and no power going through the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box. Anybody got any ideas??

Also, I did s50 cams and a turner chip, but i don't think the chip would effect anything...
          silver or red label ECU? its possible you may have EWS...i had the same issue with mine, getting spark but no fuel :)
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I can start my car with a silver label and a red label. Is the 95 m3 silver label an exception to the EWS rule?

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
            2008 VW Rabbit
            1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
              I can start my car with a silver label and a red label. Is the 95 m3 silver label an exception to the EWS rule?
              i had a silver label ecu and the build date on the car was 10/94, there's a chance you may have EWS...

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                i had a silver label ecu and the build date on the car was 10/94, there's a chance you may have EWS...
                My point was that it doesn't matter weather I use a silver label or a red label. My car starts and runs and drives.

I didn't do any wiring for the EWS, so that is why it puzzles me about the silver labels and EWS.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                2008 VW Rabbit
                1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Alt radiator location, OEM SS exhaust mod, shaved doors, coolant bleed, oil cooler

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Alternative radiator placement, SS shroud, engine coolant bleed valve, oil cooler, shaved doors, side molding delete
                  DD -1991 318is panda
                  time travel vehicle - 1987 stupid light e30 2.9 m50/m52 all alum, rear H1E turbo

Comment

Speed Sensor Delete; Why?

Why would the chip for the DME need to have the speed sensor function deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
                      My point was that it doesn't matter weather I use a silver label or a red label. My car starts and runs and drives.

I didn't do any wiring for the EWS, so that is why it puzzles me about the silver labels and EWS.
                      Yeah It can run and drive until you chip it with a chip not designed for a silver label with EWS , in his case he has a turner chip. if its a silver label and hes running a red label turner chip it obviously will not work because the chips must be aligned to the ECU for units with EWS if i remember correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                        I hav a 1/94 build date e34 and it has a silver label.

Comment

I got an S50 from an Automatic 95 M3...will the harness work with a manual trans or will I have to source a manual one

Comment

You can use the S50 harness. You can either leave the automatic harness or remove it.
                            I followed the link in the DOHC wiki site...

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                              You can use the S50 harness. You can either leave the automatic harness or remove it.
                              I followed the link in the DOHC wiki site...
                              Ok thanks man, I have that bookmarked...Didnt even think to look there.

Comment

Originally posted by E34Dean View Post
                                I hav a 1/94 build date e34 and it has a silver label.
                                i have no idea really...it may or may not have EWS.

Comment

Working...
                                X