No announcement yet.

iX booster rubs... big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a modified 944 brake booster on my 325i with obd1 manifold. it rubs a bit even after filing down the manifold, but i can't lock up my brakes for some reason. hopefully i will get my car back from the exhaust shop tomorrow.
    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
    2875-C Towerview Road
    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      i have no rubbing issues at all with my IX booster, but i mounted my booster straight to the firewall without the spacer.
      golde30 -

Do you think the 2 bolts holding it seem like a viable long term solution, or are you planning to re-enforce the area, or something.

Doesn't the pedal force torque the booster around a little with 2 holes clearanced/ovaled out? or do you have some sort of backing plate spreading out the force before the nuts went on?

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

So can someone provide the part number of the spacer that is needed to properly install the IX booster?

Or, explain in very specific detail what you have to do to the 944 booster to get it to work?

Comment

bump for this thread. I just bought an ix booster/mc and am curious to see some pictures describing the mounting procedure with/without the "adapter"
          thanks anyone willing to contribute some pics.
          S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
          What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

I don't know why everyone has to shave the intake. I have a G240 and 535i mounts shimmed like 5mm on the driver side. There is a 1/4 inch between my brake booster and fins on my intake.
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
              I don't know why everyone has to shave the intake. I have a G240 and 535i mounts shimmed like 5mm on the driver side. There is a 1/4 inch between my brake booster and fins on my intake.
              what booster?
              S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                bump for this thread. I just bought an ix booster/mc and am curious to see some pictures describing the mounting procedure with/without the "adapter"
                thanks anyone willing to contribute some pics.

Comment

thank you much!
                  S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                    what booster?
                    iX
                    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

iX
                      sweet;) I hope mine presents no problems.
                      S50'd

Comment

535i mounts, put like 2 washers underneath it. I don't know why people have problems.
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                          golde30 -

Do you think the 2 bolts holding it seem like a viable long term solution, or are you planning to re-enforce the area, or something.

Doesn't the pedal force torque the booster around a little with 2 holes clearanced/ovaled out? or do you have some sort of backing plate spreading out the force before the nuts went on?
                          i just used large washers on both sides and got the nut on there as tight as i could. i havent run into any problems as of yet (2yrs). whether or not the booster is moving is a good question. i dont believe it does.
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Sam, was this with the spacer still on the rear of the iX booster - or without it?

Comment

Throw some washers under the mount. Thats what I did. I have about a half inch without the fins shaved.
                              1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Throw some washers under the mount. Thats what I did. I have about a half inch without the fins shaved.
                                you didn't mention if it was with the iX spacer (the oem spacer on the rear of the booster) or if it was bolted directly to the firewall..

Comment

Working...
                                X