X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shop called a bit ago-engine should be done today! :eeek:
    I guess I'll be busy this weekend!

Comment

What cam and crank sensor are you using? S50/M50?
      ~Fernando

Comment

I'm going full OBD1 so s50 cam and crank sensors. Also using OBD1 knock sensors.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Looks like it was comin along nicely w/ the batch of parts. Hopefully have them all installed when updated?

I've got an m52 you were askin about earlier, it'll get new bearings and hopefully the crosshash is still there so I don't have to bore it. Not looking long term, I'm in college, just need it to stay together enough for me to dragrace it a bit and run megasquirt and stuff on it til I'm done w/ college.

Comment

Sorry guys-updates coming really soon. Been too busy lately.

Comment

318isbmw-you might be able to just do a slight hone to break up the glaze, machine the ridge, install new rings and call it good! I probably could've gotten away with that, but seeing the broken off oil pump mount made me want to check everything.

Some more pix. Who like clean parts? I sure do!
                (Sorry if the pix load up slow, I'm hosting them from my home server)

Oil pump mounting hole fix:

Cleaned up bores! You could eat off of that, if you were into that sort of thing....

Clean main bearing saddles, piston and crank!

I also received the crank and rod bearings, new head bolts, and some oil pump parts. It's getting really close to building time!

Comment

Originally posted by e30serg View Post
                  318isbmw-you might be able to just do a slight hone to break up the glaze, machine the ridge, install new rings and call it good! I probably could've gotten away with that, but seeing the broken off oil pump mount made me want to check everything.
                  Yeah, I agree I probably could get away w/ that, but I figure once I actually have a job and am not going to college I'll go back through it and do like your doing with it so for now new bearings is good w/ me. But if the hone is crap, then i'll be joining you with the full rebuild.

Looks like its comin along nicely also.

Comment

Sounds like you're planning it right. Getting out of college and having more debt to pay is not fun. Yeah man, clean it up, change seals and throw it in! It's really hard to NOT take it to the shop and getting it worked on though....heh

Comment

Now being blogged...once again, please excuse the slowness...let me know if it's way too slow...thanks!

Comment

Way to slow man! :p

Nice project coming along nicely, can't waitr to see the finsihed product.
                        87 OBDII 328is

Comment

Is it really that slow? :(

I can't wait to see it finished either!

Comment

I'm just kidding man.

Good Luck with the project.
                            87 OBDII 328is

Comment

Subscribed. What's the torque plate all about again?
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

The torque plate is used to impart the same stresses on the block that an installed head would give it. Torquing a head down onto a block slightly, but measurably, deforms the bores. Using a torque plate while honing makes the bores perfectly round, even with the stresses on it. When the engine is fully assembled, the bores are round, even after the head gets put on.

Comment

Working...
                                X