Rebuilding an M50 check list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
    If you pull the head, PLEASE, PLEASE replace the oil check valve in the bottom of the head. It just unscrews with a flat head. It is what causes the valve tick that many M5x motors are plagued with on start up.
    is that what that is...? -.-

Comment

Originally posted by TurboFox93 View Post
      Whats the life expectancy of a non vanos m50? I am getting a 92 m50 for free and was wondering what essentials should be replaced. The motor as 121,xxx on it. Any links on whats needed and how to preform a leak down?
      My m50 w/ vanos has 206k, everything stock on the head. Only routine maintenance performed, ~181 psi on all cylinders, runs great.

Comment

Bump an old one. Where would i get the best literature on completely rebuilding a m52? I was gonna buy the e34 Bentley but i'm not sure its as much detail as I need.
        1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
        1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
        1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

If you have an m50b28 get the e36 bentley that covers the 328i/is for an engine refresh on that. Most of the things are same or similar but I'd go with what the M52 actual walk through says over e34 walk through. That said; the only difference in e34 bentley should be oil pan/sump install with exception of a few connector locations of wiring harness and the obvious manifold refresh which will include vacuum lines.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Sry I just realized I bumped a terrible old thread. I forgot I was searching an archived discussion.
          UNDER CONSTRUCTION - 24v 325e (future DD), DD 525i

stripped out e30 rally project - in progress
          M50NV -> M50TU E34 swap underway

Comment

Working...
          X