Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcarenthuz
    replied
    Looks like it's been 3.5 yrs since there has been a post on this topic so I'll ask. Is this upgrade worth doing? I currently have an S52 and ZF I had been planning to install in my '89 Touring. Could easily turn and go this route.

What's the consensus?

Thanks,

Pat Arnold

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I keep thinking that the 6 speed swap would be cool, but I wonder if its worth all the effort for one more gear

your MB is a 6/7/8 speed auto?
    its worth it, you've already bought one :) so one more car with 6+ gears cant be bad.

in regards to feeling of 6mt - it feels normal.

Pressure plate may be different stiffness; but thats mainly choice of parts- aftermarket will have different feeling pressure plates avail-

e36 325 or M3 slave works just fine for any 6 speed + stock e30 master cylinder

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    http://www.rogueengineering.com/Rogu...Pin_p_235.html

I ran across this today and figured I should post it here. Its an adjustable slave cylinder pin.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I keep thinking that the 6 speed swap would be cool, but I wonder if its worth all the effort for one more gear
    I don't know if its worth it, but I do feel like it will change the car and make it a little bit cooler and perhaps more fun. As for me my car is currently an auto so I have to start from the ground up anyways so might has well go all the way.

Leave a comment:

• diesekte
    replied
    I ended up just running the mystery slave I had (either E36 325 or e36 m3 or maybe z3) with a 5.5cm long shaft. It felt pretty horrible at first but after driving it for a couple days it seemed normal. Maybe I was just used to the feel of the car before. Anyway I like how it feels now, not really much free movement at all

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Has anyone tried a Slave Cylinder from a Euro e36 M3 to fix the clutch feel problem?

Leave a comment:

• diesekte
    replied
    What's the final word on slave cylinder?
    I had one from an e36 328 and it was too long (rod about 6.5cm) and wouldn't let the clutch disengage. I then put another one I had (not sure what it is from...E36 325 or e36 m3 or maybe z3) the shaft is 5.5cm long, and it feels like shit. Is there maybe a 6 cm long shaft slave, or any reason to not use the e46 m3 slave with the e46 m3 clutch line? The part where the clutch attaches to master seems to be the same fitting
    Last edited by diesekte; 02-15-2016, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• diesekte
    replied
    No, e46 m3 shift carrier is too long. I tried to cut the back and when in position, the circular part the shifter goes through is spaced too far back compared to the hole in the trans tunnel.
    I found one on ebay that's actually local to me
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/371513266517...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    It works...looks fine, decent craftsmanship. Figured I'd give it a try bc I am way over budget and I can't drop $330 or so on a short shifter. Only issue is its quite a bit taller than I like. I had a z4m shifter which was super short and I loved it.

Does anyway know the part number and length for the e36 m3 auto driveshaft that I need? I bought one from ebay and it is 51". Seems to be about 2 inches or more shorter than I need.
    Last edited by diesekte; 01-18-2016, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Originally posted by diesekte View Post
    Guys...already have a 420g installed in my car with the proper UUC clutch flywheel combo. I can NOT locate 25112227893. It's nla apparently and no one has any left. What can I use instead, or does someone have a spare?
    Can you use the E46 M3 shift carrier instead? It's still available and costs $27 at ECS Tuning.

Leave a comment:

• frantic
    replied
    You will have to get a short shift kit, Euro E36 M3 Evo 6 speed. UUC and Rogue Engineering do them.

Leave a comment:

• diesekte
    replied
    Guys...already have a 420g installed in my car with the proper UUC clutch flywheel combo. I can NOT locate 25112227893. It's nla apparently and no one has any left. What can I use instead, or does someone have a spare?

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Hydraulic clutch systems without a return spring at the throwout arm like bmw uses are self adjusting. You should not be able to have a bunch of free play unless

A) you have a bunch of mechanical freeplay between the pedal pushrod and master cylinder (easy to check)

B) you have a slave cylinder that is too large compared to the master cylinder. This doesn't really have actual freeplay but a full stroke of the clutch pedal won't move the slave very far and the clutch will barely disengage and engage close to the floor. The pedal will also be light and easy to push.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    "About ready to throw all the E46 6-speed stuff in the fucking garbage" bump. Giving it til next week before I say fuck it and just install a G260.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Does anyone know the difference between a release bearing for an M50 E36 and an E46 S54 M3? The previous owner of this set up doesn't know a goddamn thing about it, but after the fact, he mentions that he used an "m50 throwout bearing". I wonder if there is a depth difference...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X