Problem after problem...brakes locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
    i have the same situation, check the fork mine needs to be adjusted but its welded with no adjustment, try disconnecting the fork, and see if they still lock up, remember that your brake lights will stay on.
    If you disconnect the fork at the booster rod, on the pedal side, you have no brakes.... unless we are talking about two different forks.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

fixed!

turned out i needed to adjust the fork that slides into the brake pedal :)

nice to have brakes that brake WHEN needed.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

congrats on one more problem solved!

Comment

thats exactly what i was saying adjust fork at the pedal, good to hear it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
            thats exactly what i was saying adjust fork at the pedal, good to hear it worked!
            thanks man!

Comment

Look at part number 9. The first time i did a swap, I had it unscrewed too far. It would keep the brake pressure from bleeding off the lines, he more times I would use the brakes the faster it would lock up. I had to disconnect it from the brake peddle. If you have to pull out on the peddle at all to slip the pin #11 in, it is 2 tight. Most people connect this and then bolt the booster down. This is the same as not letting all the way off the brakes. It just takes time for the fluid pressure to become to high. Check it and let me know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m4tt View Post

Look at part number 9. The first time i did a swap, I had it unscrewed too far. It would keep the brake pressure from bleeding off the lines, he more times I would use the brakes the faster it would lock up. I had to disconnect it from the brake peddle. If you have to pull out on the peddle at all to slip the pin #11 in, it is 2 tight. Most people connect this and then bolt the booster down. This is the same as not letting all the way off the brakes. It just takes time for the fluid pressure to become to high. Check it and let me know. Thanks
                hey man, thats um what i ended up doing..look at the post above yours!

:)

Comment

Working...
                X