Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another S52 swap... but this time with a newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
    The lack of knowledge shows me that you don't know much about vettes. The 93' LT1 vettes only came in autos whereas the ls1 vettes came manual. Hence he can't miss-shift. And once again he ran a 14.5 with an auto lt1 vette stock.
    Quoted from consumerguide.com

"Both engines drove a 6-speed manual transmission, with 4-speed automatic optional only on base models."

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

I know plenty about Vettes, but you never stated the year. His car runs subpar if he ran a 14.5 auto or not. My buddy had a '95 LT1 with the 6 speed, 4 speed auto was available.

Stock #s from Road & Track for an AUTO:

1993 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.3 13.9

If you add a 75 shot of NOS, that should put him in low 13s for sure if not high 12s. You're car is no faster than low 13s, so his car is not capable of what it should be with the punishment you put on him in that video.

Pure logic will tell you that from a roll you don't have much of an advantage, because his greater power and torque make up for your weight advantage. Adding nitrous to the mix only make things worse. Your buddy's car isn't running right. PERIOD
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Get to a track and post a fucking timeslip already.
      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
        Get to a track and post a fucking timeslip already.
        Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        Quoted from consumerguide.com

"Both engines drove a 6-speed manual transmission, with 4-speed automatic optional only on base models."

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

I know plenty about Vettes, but you never stated the year. His car runs subpar if he ran a 14.5 auto or not. My buddy had a '95 LT1 with the 6 speed, 4 speed auto was available.

Stock #s from Road & Track for an AUTO:

1993 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.3 13.9

If you add a 75 shot of NOS, that should put him in low 13s for sure if not high 12s. You're car is no faster than low 13s, so his car is not capable of what it should be with the punishment you put on him in that video.

Pure logic will tell you that from a roll you don't have much of an advantage, because his greater power and torque make up for your weight advantage. Adding nitrous to the mix only make things worse. Your buddy's car isn't running right. PERIOD
        Its an LT1 and even the driver could chime in. I even have it on video and still conspiracies. The fact that I can't go to the track is because I do not have the funds to supply 4x100 rims with meaty tires.

Regardless of weather or not I beat him fair and square is not what I'm aiming for with this video. I'm merely using this as an example to the ones that say I can't keep up/beat a 13.8 second car. From a dig apparently I will have my ass handed to me (lack of traction) but from a roll its a different story.

EDIT: I do agree with you Chris on the fact that he should be closer.
        Chris, read! And fidhle, reading owns you! Those EDITs were way before you posted any responses.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

I went to the track and ran mid 13s on snow tires. Stop being a fucking pansy and GO ALREADY! This bench racing is fucking retarded.
          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Alright, alright. I don't wanna argue with you bro. You beat him, the vid proves it. End of story! :p

Fidhle care to post a slip?

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Lack of knowledge. The 93' LT1 vettes only came in autos whereas the ls1 vettes came manual. Hence he can't miss-shift. And once again he ran a 14.5 with an auto lt1 vette stock.

EDIT: They did make some of the LT1 coupes with a 6 speed but was rare. The majority of them are autos.
              An LT1 vette runing a 14.4 with an auto? No way. It must be a tierd piece of shit. my brothers bone stock formula runs a 14.4 with a lill wheel spin its also a 93 lt1 with an auto in a heavier car.

Go to the track already ! And not about having tires just roll off the line dont launch the car. And whats wrong with running the wheels and tires on your car in the pics?

Edit: another roll story ghey! and also factory times are usualy a little bit slow 13.9 seems slow. Did that guy say what he ran with the Nitous?
              Last edited by 416stroker; 04-25-2009, 02:06 AM.
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                An LT1 vette runing a 14.4 with an auto? No way. It must be a tierd piece of shit. my brothers bone stock formula runs a 14.4 with a lill wheel spin its also a 93 lt1 with an auto in a heavier car.

Go to the track already ! And not about having tires just roll off the line dont launch the car. And whats wrong with running the wheels and tires on your car in the pics?

Edit: another roll story ghey! and also factory times are usualy a little bit slow 13.9 seems slow. Did that guy say what he ran with the Nitous?
                His tires are puny 205s, which I'm sure don't hook up very well. Luckily Jasper is still running a 2.93, if he had my gearing he would spin through all of 3rd with those rubber bands.

I hate how everyone knocks on roll races. I prefer them because there are no traction issues. Granted if my car could hook up nicely I know it's capable of some decent times.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  His tires are puny 205s, which I'm sure don't hook up very well. Luckily Jasper is still running a 2.93, if he had my gearing he would spin through all of 3rd with those rubber bands.

I hate how everyone knocks on roll races. I prefer them because there are no traction issues. Granted if my car could hook up nicely I know it's capable of some decent times.
                  You can tell what a car should run even if it dosent hook from a time slip. Well he obviously beet a lt1 vette. It was iether tierd or the guy just puts it in Drive.
                  84 318I Delphin RIP
                  89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

OP if you wanna see if your cars fast race an ls1 6 speed ss camero or a firebird with a compitant driver. If you can take one of those you have a kill story.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

OP if you wanna see if your cars fast race an ls1 6 speed ss camero or a firebird with a compitant driver. If you can take one of those you have a kill story.
                      I beat my friends ls2 camaro but he had horrible tires.

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I bet thats a fast car. Theres one around here that runs high 10.s with slicks and spay. Thats a 6.0 right?
                        84 318I Delphin RIP
                        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I bet thats a fast car. Theres one around here that runs high 10.s with slicks and spay. Thats a 6.0 right?
                          Yes sir 6.0.

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

One question did the vet just put it in drive.
                            84 318I Delphin RIP
                            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                              I beat my friends ls2 camaro but he had horrible tires.
                              I've only beat LS1s so far. Every LS2/3/6 I know is modded to hell. My buddy's c5 z06 with 443whp puts a little over 2 cars on me between 20-100. :crazy:

Then again he can hook even better on launch with his 345 drag radials!

Comment

Can't say I've done much since the last update. Only things I've done was get my a/c 80% done. I need the correct compressor to condenser line (318is - if anyone has one let me know!). That's all I need for my a/c.

Also, I've revised and perfected (so far) my heatshield for better efficiency. Took hours of mocking up with cardboard to follow the curvature of the body while making a transition upward diagonally. Excuse the picture quality. Had no light and had to use flash. I'll snap a better picture.

Before

After

This one actually gets sealed by the hood as opposed to many that I've seen here online.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Working...
                                X