Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another S52 swap... but this time with a newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plastic is good.... anyway, good work man

Comment

Just to update this thread.

Year after the swap everything mechanically was smooth.

The dyno was done about a month ago.

But today, I recently bought a Walbro GSS307 for 40 dollars brand new. My OE pump went bad so it was time for a change.

I started off with this

And ended with this

Hopefully this lasts long enough.

In general in the past year I've done the following since the completed swap:

- New Water Pump (Metal impellar)
      - New s52 valve cover gasket for my s52 plastic valve cover
      - New Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
      - New a/c drier for my functional a/c

The money and time for this swap was well worth it. Next is boost. =)

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

You need more rubber before you can think about more power. :p
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe I just read 36 pages of this thread. Nice car man!!! Doing the same swap right now. Just waiting on the sensors and mounts before I actually get this thing in the car.

Was looking forward to the bolt to drive write up, mainly on the electrical side, but I imagine a year after the fact things get a little blurry. BTW what manuals did you use for your harness? Any more helpful than the other? Most of the diagrams I keep coming up with are for the 318ti.

Anyhow, as someone thats going through this right now for the first time I appreciate the write up. Always interesting to see how everyone pieces their cars together.

Sam

Originally posted by Roysneon
          $5 shipped?
          Originally posted by MarkD
          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

What suspension are you running?I like the wheels

GL

Comment

Do you happen to have your emmissons test papers and also are you using the pink top injectors with the stock MAF?

thanks

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                Do you happen to have your emmissons test papers and also are you using the pink top injectors with the stock MAF?

thanks
                Pink injectors are 19lb correct? I'm planning on running these with the Stock M50 HFM. This is ok right?

Originally posted by Roysneon
                $5 shipped?
                Originally posted by MarkD
                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
                  Wow, I can't believe I just read 36 pages of this thread. Nice car man!!! Doing the same swap right now. Just waiting on the sensors and mounts before I actually get this thing in the car.

Was looking forward to the bolt to drive write up, mainly on the electrical side, but I imagine a year after the fact things get a little blurry. BTW what manuals did you use for your harness? Any more helpful than the other? Most of the diagrams I keep coming up with are for the 318ti.

Anyhow, as someone thats going through this right now for the first time I appreciate the write up. Always interesting to see how everyone pieces their cars together.

Sam
                  Hey Sam, I used these two diagrams for the help. Some colors may not match, but I believe all pin orientations should be for the same reason.

Bare in mind, e36 vanos wire colors should all be the same, unlike the e30 engine side/body side vary within different years.

Also, these diagrams are what people already posted within this forum.

Originally posted by M///BMW View Post
                  What suspension are you running?I like the wheels

GL
                  Suspension:

-Ireland Engineering Stage 3 springs
                  -Bilstein Sport Shocks
                  -Ground Control RSM
                  -Ireland Engineering Race Subframe Bushings
                  -Ireland Engineering Polyurethane Trail Arm Bushings
                  -Treehouse Front Control Arm Bushings

Still need to buy sways and Coil-overs.

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
                  Pink injectors are 19lb correct? I'm planning on running these with the Stock M50 HFM. This is ok right?
                  Pink top injectors (m52/s52) are 21lb injectors. Running them with the stock 3" hfm should be fine as obd1 95 m3s from the lot came with 3" hfms, and so did m52/s52s.

thanks
                  I have my emissions test papers. I could scan it. The setup I used for the smog is the exact setup I have.

obd1 s52 with 24lb TMS Injectors, 3.5" HFM (540i/740i obd1), Silver Label 413 with Chuck&Stickley Chip for mentioned mods, Obd2 headers, 1998 obd2 m3 midpipes, custom catback. Passed pretty easily.

Let me scan the papers with some editing of course.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post

I have my emissions test papers. I could scan it. The setup I used for the smog is the exact setup I have.

obd1 s52 with 24lb TMS Injectors, 3.5" HFM (540i/740i obd1), Silver Label 413 with Chuck&Stickley Chip for mentioned mods, Obd2 headers, 1998 obd2 m3 midpipes, custom catback. Passed pretty easily.

Let me scan the papers with some editing of course.
                    Hey thanks! I about to pick up some obd2 midpipes so I hope I can pass now. Thanks again.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Hey thanks! I about to pick up some obd2 midpipes so I hope I can pass now. Thanks again.
                      As long as the catalysts are still good on the midpipes you should be fine. Here's the test.

Comment

Did they make you do a test at idle too?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

There is no idle test.

Comment

There is no idle test.
                            Alright thanks! I asked because Wa has a at idle test.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I see. Pretty sure if you let your cats warm up enough you will still be fine. Where are you getting it smog at? Wa?

Comment

I see. Pretty sure if you let your cats warm up enough you will still be fine. Where are you getting it smog at? Wa?
                                Yes, I have to pass so I can get my tabs but I guess I can pay some shop 150 bucks for a waiver but then they will know I dont have a m20 anymore.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X