Clutch Linkage Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Linkage Configuration

I bought an unfinished E30/M50 swap car. I just got it running, but on the second drive, during a shift, the clutch pedal went to the floor and the clutch would not disengage.

Disassembly revealed a bad slave cylinder. But, I also have some questions about the clutch linkage components. Here's what I have:

E30 single mass flywheel
    E36 slave cylinder
    Getrag transmission
    E30 pressure plate
    E30 clutch disk

Does this make sense? All of the components are E30, except for the slave cylinder. I tried an E30 slave cylinder, but the piston didn't "stroke" far enough. Only the E36 one would work. Is there something I didn't do right?

No, that does not make sense, although the E36 slave cylinder is much longer from mounting plate to end of the piston rod. Only thing I can think of is that you have a G250, which would require an E36 slave cyl to function normally.

Comment

The e36 slave cylinder would not bolt up to a Getrag 260, no matter how you spin it.

If you had a Getrag 250, that would make a lot more sense, but I'm not sure how that kit would work in a Getrag 250.

Pics will help to solve the mystery.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

M20 stuff should in theory fit in a G250.

All we really need is a pic of where the slave cyl mounts.

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures. It all seems to working pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            M20 stuff should in theory fit in a G250.

All we really need is a pic of where the slave cyl mounts.
            Looks like a Getrag 250 to me.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Does this mean I have the correct slave cylinder? It seems to be working fine.

Comment

Working...
              X