E30 S52 swap Evap Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 S52 swap Evap Install

So I've already done the m50nv swap. It's been CA BAR'd and runs great. I have the opportunity to pick up an s52 and I want to go full legal. I understand its gonna be a pain in the ass but I'm ready for it.

My question is... how do install an evap system that will properly function in an e30? I know some people have done it. I cant seem to find a write up on it anywhere. BF, R3V, E30Zone, Google! No where. I just need some direction. Thanks!
    Last edited by e30dreamin; 11-08-2019, 08:29 PM.

Originally posted by e30dreamin View Post
    So I've already done the m50nv swap. It's been CA BAR'd and runs great. I have the opportunity to pick up an s52 and I want to go full legal. I understand its gonna be a pain in the ass but I'm ready for it.

My question is... how do install an evap system that will properly function in an e30? I know some people have done it. I cant seem to find a write up on it anywhere. BF, R3V, E30Zone, Google! No where. I just need some direction. Thanks!
    Have you tried this thread in the 24v section?

Look at the e36 locations for smog stuff, they want to see all those pieces in pretty much the same location as the donor car. 16 pin OBD2 connector as well.
    Save yourself the extra trips to the store and just get the big jar of vaseline.
    Mine
    Click image for larger version

Name:	49050020302_aa0d48d471_z.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	9884660

Comment

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Thanks 1st post...

Comment

I've got an entire z3m the motor is coming out of. I'm primarily worried about the fuel tank pressure sensor install.

Comment

On the 1997 M3 that I had, the fuel tank pressure sensor was attached to the Liquid Vapor Separator. I have a spare one if you need it.

Comment

Thanks! That'll get me started for sure. I'm just hoping I have everything on the e30 to accommodate the system off this roadster. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post

Have you tried this thread in the 24v section?
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...ne-swap-thread

Look at the e36 locations for smog stuff, they want to see all those pieces in pretty much the same location as the donor car. 16 pin OBD2 connector as well.
                Save yourself the extra trips to the store and just get the big jar of vaseline.
                Mine
                Click image for larger version  Name:	49050020302_aa0d48d471_z.jpg Views:	75 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	9884660
                My buddy suggested doing a full tear down and swapping the body harness from the 99 roadster over but I feel that may be over kill... I'm going to pull the smog stuff first before we pull the motor so I can map out the swap harness connector wires. Not a lot of information on working the 16 pin connector in to the stock e30 harness though ha.

Comment

Originally posted by e30dreamin View Post

My buddy suggested doing a full tear down and swapping the body harness from the 99 roadster over but I feel that may be over kill... I'm going to pull the smog stuff first before we pull the motor so I can map out the swap harness connector wires. Not a lot of information on working the 16 pin connector in to the stock e30 harness though ha.
                  I agree with your buddy, get as much as you can from the donor car. Always nice to have the correct color coded wires.

Comment

Working...
                  X