Is an S52 with 170k+ miles worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is an S52 with 170k+ miles worth it?

Hello guys, there is a local guy parting out his e36 m3 with 170k miles, hes asking $2800 for the S52 without trans but with accessories ,wiring harness and ECU. Do you think its worth that much money with this amount of miles?

Thanks in advance.

That price is crazy high. You could probably find an E36M donor car for that.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Not about the miles, but that price is, indeed high. You could go through it and replace most of the seals and refresh the head and double the mileage. I had over that in miles on my first e36 M3 before i sold it

Comment

Originally posted by eddie916 View Post
        Not about the miles, but that price is, indeed high. You could go through it and replace most of the seals and refresh the head and double the mileage. I had over that in miles on my first e36 M3 before i sold it
        Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        That price is crazy high. You could probably find an E36M donor car for that.
        Thank you for the feedback. What would be a reasonable price in your opinion for that mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by E3IS0 View Post

Thank you for the feedback. What would be a reasonable price in your opinion for that mileage?
          Mileage means almost nothing up to some logical limit. Condition is much more important, and the two may not be related at all, but only an inspection can tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Mileage means almost nothing up to some logical limit. Condition is much more important, and the two may not be related at all, but only an inspection can tell you that.
            I see, thank you again :)

Comment

Working...
            X