Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White exhaust smoke and power loss

Hi Guys,

I do currently have a big problem with my M54B30 swapped E30.
    I was driving down a mountain road for 15min without any throttle, after that, I turn the engine off and had to pick up something at the local shop. 5 minutes later I came back and started the car, an incredible amount of white smoke came out of the exhaust (smelling like burned oil). Well to be honest I was extremly afraid so i tuned it off immediately.
    Went to the engine to check oil level, all ok its half way full.
    So I turned it back on and the smoke amount decreased quickly, I drove the car back home up the mouintain, but to be honest I feel that the car has less power especially at low RPM's and I lost a fair amount of throttle response, if i touch the throttel it feeld like it takes 1/4 second till it starts accelerating.

Anyone any idea what this could be?
    Cank Case ventilation shouldnt create power loss ?
    Valvbe stem seal same, shouldnt create power loss ?

Vanos have been done nor even 2000km ago
    Car was running absolutely great before with strong acceleration at low rpm's

Please help me in somehow

first outright guess is a possible head gasket. white smoke often indicates coolant in the cylinders.

Comment

Coolant is completely clean, also oil cap shows no sign of contamination. Also the smell is defintily oil, not coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by julianholzner View Post
        Coolant is completely clean, also oil cap shows no sign of contamination. Also the smell is defintily oil, not coolant.

could be the ccv but i would expect it to be more blue smoke than white. a lot of swaps do a ccv delete / catch can which eliminates the problem. like you mentioned, i wouldn't think a significant power loss would come with a tired ccv.

Comment

Working...
        X