Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received my adapter. As I believe all who have theirs have stated, impeccable work and instructions.

Comment

Can someone clear up how exactly the m5x harness would plug in and work? Since I have a late model e30 the body to Engine harness is the circle c101 correct? The e36 body to engine is also circle but is a different layout and size. So this basically just makes the two different sized circle connectors work together without splicing or anything? Would the car be up and running wiring wise with this adapter? I'm going to up the boost on my stock m20 and if it goes boom I might just 24v swap and boost it again. Thanks in advance for helping the noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey grinchxvx,

Yes, that's correct. The M5x adapter for the E30 joins the circular X20 and C101 connectors. It may also include other items depending on your build such as connectors for various sensors.

Andrew
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
          Hey grinchxvx,

Yes, that's correct. The M5x adapter for the E30 joins the circular X20 and C101 connectors. It may also include other items depending on your build such as connectors for various sensors.

Andrew

Anything else needed if I wanted to go obd2?

Comment

Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
            Anything else needed if I wanted to go obd2?

No, the wiring is just a little different, so let me know which one you need.

Comment

Will you help me make an adapter for a S54 E28 swap?

I'd be happy to be your guinea pig. I've done an M30B35 swap before and am comfortable creating my own adapter for my build, but I'd rather do it in a way that would benefit others...I have no interest in fabricating and selling adapters myself.
              Vlad: '87 535isMaytag: '87 528e'88 911Project Minerva - S54 E28

Comment

Originally posted by cek View Post
                Will you help me make an adapter for a S54 E28 swap?

I'd be happy to be your guinea pig. I've done an M30B35 swap before and am comfortable creating my own adapter for my build, but I'd rather do it in a way that would benefit others...I have no interest in fabricating and selling adapters myself.
                The parts to make the square E28 C101 connector are NLA, and I don't have any old ones left so you'd need to re-use your old one or cut another one off a junk'd car. I've made a few E28 S54 adapters. The wiring is similar to an older E30. So you could either send me your C101 pigtail or I can just label those wires for you to hook up yourself, in which case I'd give you a $25 discount.

Comment

Do you have z3m harnesses? Thanks!
                  Vlad: '87 535isMaytag: '87 528e'88 911Project Minerva - S54 E28

Comment

Originally posted by cek View Post
                    Do you have z3m harnesses? Thanks!
                    No, just order one from your preferred BMW dealer.

Comment

Hello !

Can you make a adapter for a S54 Swap?
                      The s54 engine will get in a e46 328 coupe.

Can you PM me for details?:)

Comment

Very close to buying an S54 for my OBD2 e36 and starting this swap. Was wondering if someone could clarify a couple things.

I'm under the impression that I would be completely removing my e36 DME and using the S54 DME in it's place. So essentially, its: S54 DME -> S54 engine harness -> Andrew's loom -> e36 chassis harness

Would that be the end of the wiring? Why does RK offer a "tuned" S54 DME for a whopping $1300? Is that something I need and should be factored into the cost of this swap?

I could be totally wrong with all of this, hence my request for clarification. For now, I just want a properly running STOCK S54 in my e36, like it came from the factory with it. Not looking for standalone setups, schrick cams, 340whp, and all that jazz.

Any help appreciated,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by perryman View Post
                          Very close to buying an S54 for my OBD2 e36 and starting this swap. Was wondering if someone could clarify a couple things.

I'm under the impression that I would be completely removing my e36 DME and using the S54 DME in it's place. So essentially, its: S54 DME -> S54 engine harness -> Andrew's loom -> e36 chassis harness

Would that be the end of the wiring? Why does RK offer a "tuned" S54 DME for a whopping $1300? Is that something I need and should be factored into the cost of this swap?

I could be totally wrong with all of this, hence my request for clarification. For now, I just want a properly running STOCK S54 in my e36, like it came from the factory with it. Not looking for standalone setups, schrick cams, 340whp, and all that jazz.

Any help appreciated,

Matt
                          Basically but You'll need a tune either way. Ours are significantly less than that

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by perryman View Post

Any help appreciated,

Matt

I can help-- I did exactly this!

Depending on how 'factory' you're going for, you won't need a tune. The only coding that was needed on my obd1->obd2 E36 s54 was EWS delete because I just didn't want to wire the module in. Otherwise it's running unmodified ~2004 M3 software. I can put you in touch with a friend who coded up my and other local S54/E36s if you're interested (most of which were not as crazy of builds as mine, so could be more applicable to you). He's a member here but isn't all that active on the forums anymore.

I wrote up what I did to have a 'factory' S54 E36 here: build thread. My goal with the swap was for an S54 E36 that was like factory with no shortcuts, and Andrew's harness was a huge help in that regard. I was able to build off of it rather than replicate it, which was a massive help. The swap even passed California's smog certification process because it works like it came from the factory with all of the needed emissions and electronic components.

To do that though, I installed all the emissions components, dsc, and cluster, which is most of what the standalone conversions delete. You definitely don't have to go to the same extent as I did for it to work, it's just a balance of coding out things vs wiring/installing things. Protip on parts: buy all the Z3M S54 bits. Engine harness, air filter box, intake elbow, cluster, driver's side engine mount, dipstick. They're all available new too if budget allows. They bolt right in to an E36/S54 engine bay and fit super cleanly.

Otherwise you're correct. Appropriately coded S54 DME + OEM harness (recommend Z3M) + Andrew's harness + E36 chassis harness is all you truly need to get it running.
                            Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 01-08-2016, 09:42 AM.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

email sent this is awsome stuff!

Comment

For 2016, higher quality construction featuring fully integrated water resistant fuse holders and no soldered connections.

Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-16-2016, 12:04 PM. Reason: grammer correction

Comment

Working...
                                X