• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must have read that somewhere else.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thanks for the info guys, most i still have not decided on the ecu because of several reasons however as my project continues on if its possible to get dsc i will most likely source all e46 m3 parts including 5 lug swap and go from there

Comment

Actually a local club racer has this setup running in one of his E30s but to do it he installed the E46 ABS system, suspension, and entire body harness into his car.

Either way it looks like lots of E46 wiring is required.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
          Actually a local club racer has this setup running in one of his E30s but to do it he installed the E46 ABS system, suspension, and entire body harness into his car.

Either way it looks like lots of E46 wiring is required.
          i would love to hear from him about performance on the track , this setup would be going into a track car also but an e30 ix.

The ECU and electronics have yet to be finalized maybe there are other solutions present.

Comment

Originally posted by e30ixBoost View Post
            thanks for the info guys, most i still have not decided on the ecu because of several reasons however as my project continues on if its possible to get dsc i will most likely source all e46 m3 parts including 5 lug swap and go from there
            E46 m3 5 lug parts cant be used for an ix. Its a waste of money anyway, unless you really like the looks of a wheel that only comes in 5x120. Also it will limit possible tire sizing because even with high offset wheels, the 5lug hubs will stick out further.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              E46 m3 5 lug parts cant be used for an ix. Its a waste of money anyway, unless you really like the looks of a wheel that only comes in 5x120. Also it will limit possible tire sizing because even with high offset wheels, the 5lug hubs will stick out further.
              there you go picking at everything i say again, i didnt mean i will extensively use the exact e46 m3 5 lugs just that its possible to switch over. Stop being a pest nando, go out and enjoy the weather instead of posting on every single post, nobody cares, the rest of us just want to enjoy the hobby.

Comment

Wow, sorry for attempting to help.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wow, sorry for attempting to help.
                  attempting to help, what help, u lightly helped at the begging when i was asking about the swap, then after that all you did was tread on me and and anything i wrote with some sort of self induced superiority complex. Thats not help bud, all it did was feed your ego.

Comment

Originally posted by e30ixBoost View Post
                    i would love to hear from him about performance on the track , this setup would be going into a track car also but an e30 ix.

The ECU and electronics have yet to be finalized maybe there are other solutions present.
                    He's got the car running right now but having some issues with the drive by wire. He's supposed to borrow some TPS sensors from me tomorrow so I will ask him about his setup.

As for what nando's trying to say is that since there isn't a 5 lug variant of the E46 M3's suspension in iX (AWD) form it would be hard to accomplish without lots of custom fabrication and even still you would probably need custom fender flares to accomodate the offset. My buddy is running his setup in a regular iS but I will ask exactly how he went about swapping his suspension in.

Comment

He's got the car running right now but having some issues with the drive by wire. He's supposed to borrow some TPS sensors from me tomorrow so I will ask him about his setup.
                      very nice, much appreciated, thank you in advance, any and all information will help move along the current project especially pertaining to part sourcing

As for what nando's trying to say is that since there isn't a 5 lug variant of the E46 M3's suspension in iX (AWD) form it would be hard to accomplish without lots of custom fabrication and even still you would probably need custom fender flares to accomodate the offset. My buddy is running his setup in a regular iS but I will ask exactly how he went about swapping his suspension in.
                      i have not started research into this at all yet but id imagine it would consist of following a e36 m3 5 lug conversion with e46 m3 dsc/abs stuff in mind. Still a noob, and still very far away from this. Research per the DSC and its feasibly is of course the first step, and we are on our way on this currently with the discussion and what kind of information we gather from your friend

Comment

Actually, what i was saying is nothing from an e46 (or e36 for that matter) 5 lug is useable on an E30 ix. There are a variety of hub choices, but none from an m3, and definitely nothing from the front suspension of any BMW.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Actually, what i was saying is nothing from an e46 (or e36 for that matter) 5 lug is useable on an E30 ix. There are a variety of hub choices, but none from an m3, and definitely nothing from the front suspension of any BMW.
                          if it works for a e30, it will be made to work for a e30ix. I promise you that.

Comment

Lol ok bud.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lol ok bud.
                              didnt you look over that link i posted, guess not.

Comment

Didn't look like an ix to me. Just proves you have no clue and are too condescending for any of us to help you. There was no attitude in my posts, that all came from you.

I wonder how you think the front shafts are going to work with those struts and spindles. Ix housings are several inches shorter, have unique geometry and are built for, er, a cv shaft to pass through. Have you looked at the strut housings on your car yet? It would probably help.
                                Last edited by nando; 02-03-2013, 08:47 PM.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X