Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I figured this out looking at the same ETM page you attached. Actually worked first try.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      Yes. I figured this out looking at the same ETM page you attached. Actually worked first try.
      Ok, so ignore the table in your first post? Are the cruise module pins correct at least?

RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Didn't say that. The table and image are correct.
        Last edited by R3Z3N; 08-25-2021, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Ok... i'm confused, your first post says:
          1 Cancel
          2 Resume
          3 Decel
          4 Accel

But the ETM says:
          5 Cancel
          3 Resume
          1 Decel
          4 Accel
          2 12v
          which one is it?

Comment

Tell you what, if I made a mistake please tell me. I will gladly pay lucidchart.com another $10 to fix if needed where I drew up the wiring. I no longer have the car as I sold it on BAT. Cruise did work, EXCEPT I did not wire in the clutch switch, so it did not disengage when clutch depressed, but did disengage with speed change and brakes. I made this a long time ago, and I think I was on the verge of heat stroke working outside soldering in the sun looking at the ETMs as my buddy had borrowed my EZ-UP tent.

I do have a memory that some of the wiring colors matched up, which would imply my chart is wrong. Again, a memory, from a long time ago, and my memory is no elephant's.

Comment

Not taking a shot at you, appreciate the thread explaining everything. Was just calling out there appeared to be a discrepancy.
              I think i'll follow the ETM as far as the stalk wiring goes and report back if it works or i blow something up.

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
                Not taking a shot at you, appreciate the thread explaining everything. Was just calling out there appeared to be a discrepancy. I think i'll follow the ETM as far as the stalk wiring goes and report back if it works or i blow something up.
                Agreed! Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Overall i have to say, very cool findings. I think we can be very grateful BMW built the Z3 and maintained it for such a long time, giving us simple modules to fix otherwise complicated problems like cruise control ;).

I have a question, or actually two.

Does this also work with an S62 swap? MSS52 is the engine software. I am thinking it should, as the softwares are often similar and you find often products which are suitable for the S52 and the S62.

Second question: The cruise control works without the DME having the speed information from the ABS/DSC? I figured that the engine needs to know the speed information it usually gets from the ABS, but it sounds like it works even without it.
                  I am asking because i wanted to push cruise control back until i manage to install the MK60 ABS, but if the informations from the MK60 are not needed, i will do the cruise control sooner.

I know this is an older thread, but maybe some people who have done this can provide some insights ;)

Thank you in advance :)

edit: also, i seem to not be able to locate the excel file? Is it gone and lost in time?
                  Last edited by Dances with V8; 06-17-2022, 04:33 PM.

Comment

^1st question: Changing the program tune information will be different. I have not looked into it nor will I.

^2nd question: Yes, cruise works without ABS as the tune change is telling the DME it is getting the tire rotations/km direct, however one needs to also change the rotations/km that the signal is sending to the computer for this to be correct which I outline. HOWEVER one CAN use the MK60 ABS and use signal from that as the MSS54 / HP is already setup for. I have uploaded a PDF regarding wiring up the MK60 that someone else has written up. However some of that info gets sent from the E46 cluster which few swaps will utilize.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

I have someone who has i think all the tools for reading and manipulating the DME and some experience in it (unlike me). Once the engine and the stalk/adapter/etc is in my car, i will try it and use this thread as a reference. In case the MSS52 is similar to the S54, i think it should be manageable.

The MK60 conversion will (if at all) happen at a later date. So i am very glad to hear that the cruise control can be done without signals from the MK60. Installing the cruise control parts should be easier than removing the old ABS and installing the new ABS and installing new brake lines for the rear, installing the yaw sensor and figuring out whats the best way to install the steering angle sensor.

Thanks again.

Comment

^bmwm3motorsport who made the MK60 swap documentation sells a modified E30 steering column to fit the steering angle sensor.

Comment

Working...
                        X