Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to shove the e46 fuel level senders into my gas tank but its a tight fit. I also pulled the e46 abs computer and 1 abs sensor. Might just have to try wiring it up.

Comment

it's way OT, but if you want to use the E30 fuel level senders with the E46 cluster, you can use an op amp circuit to adjust the signal. The speedo can be programmed to work with the E30's 9-tooth speed signal (using the original speedo PCB as a conditioner). I have a cluster about 90% done, but waiting for my motor to be in the car before I finish.

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

(OT discussion moved to the other thread so we don't pollute this one)
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

v2801 Basic uploaded here created from TAPs XDFofA2L but he has fallen off the map. Keep in mind his program just searched with a few known items and made assumptions so some locations may be wrong, but there is alot correct.

Change .pdf to .xdf
          Attached Files

Comment

!!UPDATE!!

12/6/18 Fixed K_LDP_CFG address from h4126 to h4124 (Tank Leak Diagnosis off)
            MSS54HP - v1801, v2001, v2501, v2701.xdf

Sorry guys. Sometimes I get cross eyed looking at the hex. Also...I was blessed with all the xdfs but can't share yet.

Comment

Damn.....I was looking for this for over 2 years....

https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs

Comment

Updated today with value to turn of "Eductor" pump (secondary fuel pump used in E46 to transfer fuel from one side to the other.

Also updated with method to turn off Post Cat 02 Sensor and ODB reporting program. You can just disable the DTCs but I'd rather not have the code run at all.

Comment

Removed base maps for DTCs so that one could just zero out the DTCs without having to edit the xdf for your version/country. Youtube video to come....

Comment

Wanting to verify this is the correct INPA cable. I see the FT232R but it doesn't ref the 232RL so I wasn't sure it's compatible.

Comment

Should work. Try it and see!

Comment

Can the MSS54 DME be connected straight to the diff for vehicle speed sensor input?

Looking at the ETK I wasn't sure if the cluster was a pass through or if it did some change to the output? I ask as I have an E36 without a cluster (ETK shows similar as the E30) and am trying to decide if I should delete VSS all together or if I can wire it to the diff and then convert to a 9 pulse signal like the E30 shares.

Thanks, George

Comment

Working...
                        X