Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totaled e46... should I swap it all into an e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totaled e46... should I swap it all into an e30?

I recently was rear-ended in my e46 and it will be totaled due to extensive unibody damage in the rear. I am tempted to buy it back and swap all the good parts into an e30. Is this a dumb idea? Car is a 2002 330i with a 5 speed and has a VF supercharger. I have kept up very closely with maintenance on the car and it has only 125k... so it hurts me to see all these goodies go to the junk yard.

I have LS swapped an e34, so I feel like I sort of know what I am getting in to, but what all parts would you guys swap if you had an entire parts e46?

Swap the powertrain for sure!
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Entire powertrain for sure, an M54 with a supercharger in an e30 sounds absolutely wild.
      You can mount e46 seats in an e30 with some work if your taste desires it.
      The front control arms can possibly be used but only if you're shooting extreme front camber and high angle, usually for drifting.
      91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

Your motor, trans, ECU, Gas pedal, and probably your super charger would swap over. Check out Jordan's M54 swap guide, very helpful.
        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Swap it all, 100%!

Just need E36 mount arms...

Comment

Definitely swap! Even without the supercharger, the M54 is such a nice engine for the E30.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Swap it all, 100%!

Just need E36 mount arms...
              lol. needs more then that!! . 50 serie harness, oil pan , pick up tube, fan, headers, whole exhaust, ews free dme, booster,etc, etc.

Comment

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

Comment

Working...
                X