GC Coil conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Coil conversion

Looking to pick up a ground control coil over conversion kit. Currently I’m running H&R’s with Koni sports. From what I’ve been reading, it seems like most people are running Koni race shocks with ground controls. Will Koni sports work alright or should I pick up a set of the race’s?

People use the race Konis on shortened iX housings for the lows. If you're running standard length front housings, your current Konis will work fine.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

If I shorten the hosing with KONI sports will I bottom out??

Comment

You can also use regular iX sport Koni's on shortened (i) strut housings. I believe you would want to go with Race Koni's if you are thinking of doing more than 500/lbs springs at front (do not quote me on that number).
        Regarding the travel, obviously you will have less shock travel if you are lowered and do not have short housings.
        i.e.,
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	10086740

This is the process of shortening your housings:

This is a video tutorial on how to properly shorten your E30 front strut housings to allow use of a shorter shock and how to assemble the Ground Control Coil...

Comment

Working...
        X