No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is some pics, i ad in front that 20mm adapter and back is still whitout that.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by litu; 09-29-2015, 05:36 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

And here is few pics ix rims "problem"

So my rims was meant to like fwd car, like Honda, so thats why the rims looks like this inside.

As you see that surface in that position/are, where that rim will attach is flat.

Those last two pics are
      And here is few pics, how that rim should look, when they are meant to ix, not sure are that same in rwd e30. At back there is bit problems.

I was add that 20mm adapter in that rim, so you can see that edge what i mean.(that is that black part)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by litu; 09-29-2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Sorry if i post so many post queue

And here is those same issue at hub+you can see that front brake caliber rack.
        That first pic is whit that 20mm adapter, you can see what i mean, now..
        No that rims fit roll.

Those 2 other pics are for show, how much that front brakecaliber is comming out.

Also there is little different in ATE and girling brakes
        Attached Files

Comment

Also here is some last pics, it will rub those same spots, at back...
          And front there is those spots, at front side at that tyre, when you turn those wheel max, when that tyre will go very close at front side wheel, like here.

Here is few pics first whitout that 20mm adapter and few pics whit 20mm adapter. Also some pics when you turn wheel max, you see that space and back side tyre, that spot.

I was need to heat that front inner plastic fender, to clear it
          Attached Files

Comment

And here is few pics, to show that front caliber rack issue. First pics are whit out adapter

At back i would want like 9" wide, and ET should be more that way, so those back rims have more lip, maybe ET 0
            At front if can turn, also 9" wide ET shoul be like 20, whit out that 20mm adapter, so that rims should mean Bmw ix to clear that brake rack issue....

I hope in future i would get those 3pcs rims, what is made for Bmw, then all size would be easy, just but that part mid(where is those spokes) part to hub and measure those space inside that mid part how much there is space to that suspension part and then measure how much big lip you make fit in there

Sorry in a row post...But i hope these help some one.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by litu; 09-29-2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Paging Nando:
              Sorry if this is in here somewhere but I did not see it.

Current set up: BBS RK 17x7 ET42 8mm spacers all around, 215/45/17 tires

Mostly pleased with this set up cause 40's look too rubber bandish and 45's look much better and only throw my speedo off by a couple MPH's so I don't care. Problem is that with H&R sports, Luke box/amps/sub and especially with people in the back I get some rubbing in the rear over dips.

The car is going under the knife next month for all new paint and body repair so I am about to roll the fenders just a little bit to subdue the rubbing.

However, now I'm wondering if I can roll just a bit more and comfortably fit some 225/45(or 40's depending what works best) under there that would work just fine. I think it would look and handle a bit better with wider tires and I would like to have roughly the same sidewall height as my current set up. It would be nice to have the speedo accurate again too but I'm not too concerned. Would I need to roll the fronts to fit 225's as well?

Also, whats the best way to get the fender flares off without tearing them up?
              Last edited by aaron325ix; 03-28-2016, 08:32 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think you will damage the fender flares, but expect to replace all of the clips, especially on the sideskirts.

When you roll the rear fenders, you also have to trim the plastic part underneath of the flares. The rivets will no longer do anything but the 3M double sided tape is more than strong enough to hold it on. In fact, once you get most of the clips off, the tape is mostly what will hold everything together.

as far as tires, you can fix your rubbing by rolling the fenders, but if you go with wider tires (that will be even taller now, the profile is a percentage, not a fixed value), it will probably still rub.

No need to roll the fronts. On my car I had to zip tie the brake ducts to the fender liners, because the tires would rub on the liners and the ducts would pop out, but that was mostly with the 235s.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I don't think you will damage the fender flares, but expect to replace all of the clips, especially on the sideskirts.

When you roll the rear fenders, you also have to trim the plastic part underneath of the flares. The rivets will no longer do anything but the 3M double sided tape is more than strong enough to hold it on. In fact, once you get most of the clips off, the tape is mostly what will hold everything together.

as far as tires, you can fix your rubbing by rolling the fenders, but if you go with wider tires (that will be even taller now, the profile is a percentage, not a fixed value), it will probably still rub.

No need to roll the fronts. On my car I had to zip tie the brake ducts to the fender liners, because the tires would rub on the liners and the ducts would pop out, but that was mostly with the 235s.
                  Thanks for that. Got the flares off and yes all the clips broke. I assume once I roll them the holes underneath the lip will be useless as the plastic will need to be trimmed away anyway, correct? I will still use the holes on the outside of the fender to mount them back on right? I see what you mean about that tape, its pretty strong.

As far as tires, I have been looking at some calculators to compare sizes.

The current set up: 215/45/17 sidewall height= 3.81 rev/mi= 819.7
                  Considering : 225/40/17 3.54 837.7
                  225/45/17 3.99 808

Stock: 205/55/15 4.44 845.1

Still trying to decide between the 40 or 45's in the 225 width.

On one hand the 40 is closer in revs/mi as stock so my speedo will be more accurate again, but shorter sidewall than my current set up which means it may not rub but then again I don't want lower profile tires.

I think the 45's might look better and be less jarring over bumps but I'm afraid they might rub even if I roll the fenders.

Someone push me in the right direction.
                  sigpic

Comment

Im using 215/45-17 on mine, would have used 40 instead if I didn't really need the biggest tire I could fit to help the gearing as much as possible :P
                    E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                    E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                    E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Hi guys! What do you think about 8x16 ET25 rims with 205/50 R16 tires ? Does they fit 325ix?
                      Thanks a lot!

Comment

I think the offset is too low. might fit with a 205/45. they will likely rub in the back fenders and when the wheels are fully turned up front.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          there must be 16" wheels that will fit without adapters?

16x7 et35 205/50-16 no adapters

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

im looking for some rims mainly for daily driving. will 15x8 et 35 fit well with 205/55r15. sorry for the noob question but iv always had stock rims on all my e30s. thanks btw the rims im looking at are the kosei k5r.

Comment

215/75/15, iX Weaves, 20mm spacers in front, nothing in back. Still rubbing a tiny bit on the drivers side strut, and I'll have to run KA Motors Ultrawides. Stock ride height.

Comment

Originally posted by kslbo308 View Post

16x7 et35 205/50-16 no adapters

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Another Nebraska e30 guy. Sweet!

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X