No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, something thin like 3mm would probably suffice.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Where did you buy you're 225/50r15 tires? I'm looking for a good all season, and can't seem to find a store that even sells one.

Comment

So there's not a lot of choices in 225/45/16. So I'm thinking 215/50/16 or 205/50/16? On 16x8

Comment

My dad just got an ix touring and is looking for rims, hes thinking 215/50/R16’s on a 8”x16” ET35 rim. I think it'll fit, but I wanted to check with you guys.
          Last edited by stonea; 04-08-2015, 01:39 PM.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

it may fit but it might need a 3mm spacer.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

OK thanks!
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I haven't really seen this discussed: will the Hartge 16x7,5 ET25 (?) wheels fit the iX? I see that there is a bit conflicting evidence, but has anyone done it? I have access to these kind of Hartges (with new Kumho 205/50/16 rubber all round) in good condition for 850 euros and to me it sounds like a bargain. But in case I can not use them on my iX, it loses some of it's fascination.. :) I have cabriolet though, that I can use them for. But for the iX they would kick ass, I think. My car is not lowered, I guess that lowering would ruin every possibility of fitting them...
                --
                My 325iX

Comment

I think u should be fine w those specs and tire sizes. I'm running an et24 15x7 and still have room (and lowered).
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Yes they do fit :) Don't know if I can lower it anymore, though...

EDIT: Oh yes, sorry, the specs. They were a couple of posts before here, but here goes again:

Hartge 16x7,5 ET25 with 205/50/16 Kumho Ecsta
                    Last edited by H-M; 05-14-2015, 09:19 AM.
                    --
                    My 325iX

Comment

Very nice, but some specs would be awesome....So dont need to quess specs in ix wheel thread..
                      Edit, sorry i was blind...But nice to get some specs, thanks :)
                      Last edited by litu; 05-15-2015, 05:59 AM.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                      https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

I like them....a lot !
                        NASA
                        BMWCCA member
                        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                        1997 M3 sedan
                        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Guys, have any of you found a difference in steering/suspension after going to lower offset wheels?

I had bought my first ix on original et41 7x15 basketwaves. After some time I put on MiM 1900 et12 7x15 and found no difference at all. At that time the car was a crap, the steering was not shar and I had a little experience with driving, especially at the level one could recognize a difference.

As years passed, I bought 2 other iXs, one on ET24 RWD 7x15 basketwaves and later a former rally iX that I put speedline maracana 6.5x15 et36.

Now I'm rebuilding a race ix to a daily car (means race car without welded rollcage...) and I was wondering what would be the best offset for street/track use.

My experience:
                          ALL TIRES = 205/55/15

et41 BBS - stock, nothing to say

et12 MiMs - rears did not fit, rubbed

et24 BBS - looked better than stock, fited without a problem

et36 Speedlines - the best thing I have put on IX yet.

And why am I asking? Because I have prepared styling 32 et46 5lug with a "BBK", which means taller wheel hubs and wheel spacers to fit calipers. Still I think I would go too wide and sell the parts and keep stock brakes (at least I do have rear vented set from 325ix touring)

The car is gonna be daily as well as track, I prefer handling to look. What is your most preffered offset for track use?

Comment

how tight would 16x8 et35 with 5mm spacers and w/ 215/50/r16s be with the ix H&R's?
                            1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
                            1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

It's kinda tight.

I have 215/50/16 et35 16x8 esm 001, rear fenders rolled and flares trimmed, and rubs on the front on the fender liner.

Comment

Those are actually the exact rims I had in mind, I guess I'll go with the 15" instead. Your car looks great!
                                1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
                                1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

Working...
                                X