My new iX! Pic heavy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new iX! Pic heavy.

Got it about 3 weeks ago. Thanks to my girlfriend and her camera for the pictures.

Plans are to restore it. Was dealer maintained till near 200,000! Some battery tray stuff to deal with, a little bondo between firewall and strut tower :(, and now the paint is starting to go underneath passenger door. Miles are getting up there, so the eventual plan is to swap in a low milage rebuilt m20, and a brand new drivetrain. Maybe after all of that is done (looking at years here, folks), maybe I'd run a low boost turbo or something, but I tend to drive very conservatively on public roads. Might save the turbo for a RWD e30 project. Pictures!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy!

Spring Teaser
    1988 325iX
    Protection? From who, "ze Germans?"

Nice!!!

Comment

umm, you did peel the rest of the sticker off right?
      feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

sweet, now add it to the ixregistry! :D

Photo Gallery of my personal 1991 325ix from 2002 to present, including information on suspension, engine, and basically anything mechanical. Additional pictures and information on converting Motronic 55 pin 1.1/1.3 to Megasquirt 2 and Megasquirt 3.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lovely iX.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

nice. i want :)
            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
            Got Drop?? ;-)
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            But of course
            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              sweet, now add it to the ixregistry! :D

www.325ix.com/ixregistry
              Done!

If you are interested, the iX registry does not load properly on google chrome. I always just assumed it was an old broken site, but when I reloaded it with firefox everything was fine. Just letting you know!
              1988 325iX

Comment

Hmm, i thought i fixed that, what page specifically? I made sure it passes the w3c tests.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Just the comments section housing the link to actually register the vehicle.
                  Photo Gallery of my personal 1991 325ix from 2002 to present, including information on suspension, engine, and basically anything mechanical. Additional pictures and information on converting Motronic 55 pin 1.1/1.3 to Megasquirt 2 and Megasquirt 3.

That's the link. Comments box is visible, but is solid grey.

Edit: Oh, and 12 digit password that must contain upper and lowercase, number, and symbol?

I may never be able to log on twice!
                  Last edited by actionpod; 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM.
                  1988 325iX

Comment

aww you have alpinas, I was just saying how I'd love to have them on mine haha. don't worry about the paint, my car has got some pretty bad peeling going on. Have fun with the ix!

Comment

Very nice condition but no heated seats? I thought '88s had every option in the book?

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                        Very nice condition but no heated seats? I thought '88s had every option in the book?
                        Build date is 9/87, I'm not going to pretend that I know the options that were availible at the time. I have the original owners manual and 325iX dealer advert/description book so I'll look.
                        1988 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                          nope - heated seats were optional. my parts car is the same build date; no heated seats.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by actionpod View Post
                            Just the comments section housing the link to actually register the vehicle.

That's the link. Comments box is visible, but is solid grey.

Edit: Oh, and 12 digit password that must contain upper and lowercase, number, and symbol?

I may never be able to log on twice!
                            yeah I know, I had to do that because the site got flooded with spammers. I didn't go into there for a month, when I left there were ~20 registered and when I came back it was 400, 380 of which were russian spammers..

the error must be related to iframes (only way that can work presently). I'll look into it..
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

good info, i wondered why you kept linking to the registry and i couldn't see anything with google chrome. firefox works though
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                              X