No announcement yet.

My new IX - New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks All - I'll put up some pics when it's all fixed up how I want it and I look forward to a nice long run on this forum. Cheers!

Comment

Quick Update for anyone interested:

Drove back from Ohio no issues to speak of, saw Mt Rushmore, The Corn Palace, Wall's Drug, Yellowstone, and crossed 13 states (1 year ago).

Drove to Idaho 2x, 1 during Tahoe Blizzard, Idaho Blizzard, and night drive through one in the Nevada desert. CHAMPION.

Car is running great, driven by GF like an old lady daily, hauling friends and teammates around.

Work Done:
      Wipers - Driver side 1" longer cause it fits.
      Tune Up, Donor wheels so all 4 are IX weaves.
      New Exhaust & Cat - Old one had holes, good flow and performance.
      New Front Strut assemblies w/ Bilstein HD's & Stock Springs make for great handling. Best thing I put into him so far.
      Fuel System cleaner made the engine run 200% better after it was running rich and rough about a months ago alot zippier now.

Future:
      Looking into a paint job to make him shine like new and was quoted $3500 which doesn't sound too bad to me. Tried to see if detailing would make a difference and they turned me and my money away as they couldn't do much for it.
      Thule rack on it for snow equipment - Should I go High Bars or Low for snowboard bindings btw?
      New MTech or sport steering wheel.
      Manual Swap (Fantasy!)
      Wheel Restored - the Weaves are just such good looking wheels.

Turning in my 2012 Mercedes C350 Coupe (love it too but so expensive) lease and this will now be my personal DD. Excited to continue the journey and hopefully we'll get tons of snow up at Tahoe and "Henry" will be leading the charge.

Christmas 2013 Trip - Up from San Francisco to Portland to Seattle to Spokane and back the quick way. Hopefully see some good snow action, and ~4K mile trip.

Cheers and Danke Schoen

Comment

Nice! Any pics of it?

If you ever decide to sell the basket weaves and move to a different wheel, let me know. I'm in Reno and I've been looking for a set to snag that's reasonably close.

Comment

Cool, looks just like mine :)
          E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
          E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

r all 325ix 4 door, have an 88 convertible, found an ix but haven't seen it yet, friend of mine has one and lost his job, said he can't afford to put rack and pinion in it and I may get another project

Comment

Originally posted by luckydog2 View Post
              r all 325ix 4 door,
              Nope ---------v
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

That's pretty. I recently started on my 325ix project (bought it in SF, I live in South Bay). It's currently on jacks; changing out ball joints, repacking cv joints, replacing wheel bearings, etc. I hope I can get it running for winter. There are probably not many of us in the bay area, huh? Mine had a giant rusty hole that I fixed up with bondo, hehhh. Hope it lasts!

Comment

I made a big mistake when I first got this. I had a donor car my buddy bought for $500 available rusted as shit, with a working manual transmission, sport steering wheel, and 2 extra weaves. Who knows what else. I should have saved the 2 extra weaves (used 2 of them to fill my car) and the sport wheel.

Also swap was quoted 1500 for the manual transmission but who knows how good it was? I'll never find out. We took a few parts out of it but ultimately that whole care ended up junked..

Someone who might be on here has one just like mine, Auto, 4 door, same color. I said whats up on Pine St one day and he just got it new (to him).

Ghatid post up some pics Bro!

Comment

Working...
                  X