lock plate for front axle iX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lock plate for front axle iX?

Help please! I just put sport springs on my iX and got everything buttoned back up except for new lock plates on the collar nuts up front. RealOEM is telling me that these plates are same front and rear (part #33411124945.) I've searched but can't find specific info on this. Can someone tell me if this is correct? Thank you!

i didnt quite get what you mean, but search from bmwfans.info it has all explosing pictures and part numbers.. :)
    Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
    https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

as far as I know, realoem knows all things!. The iX front axle is just like the regular e30 rear axle so I think the lock plates are the same
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Dont bother! leave them off. They go on with so much torque that they aren't going to back off on you. Just don't put them on like a girl and you'll be fine.

Comment

Yeah...torqued to 250 on the wrench plus some extra juice with a breaker bar. I don't think they're going anywhere, but I'm OCD about some things. Thanks guys!

Comment

Haven't used them in the 10 years I've had mine. I have a friend who's been a BMW mechanic since ix's were new and he doesn't use them either. FWIW.

Torque them up real good and use a dab of copper anti-seize. They aren't going anywhere.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
            X